- Wedding: March 2015 - City Winery New York, NY
@linnylou_88: This thread will be really helpful for you: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/new-yorker-bees-tell-me-everything#axzz2sxKbt9go
I hope you’ll enjoy your stay in our fair city!
I’ll just repeat what I said over there:
I don’t know if you plan on doing any fine dining while you’re here, but I highly suggst the following:
– Colicchio & Sons (Amazing!! We always take out of town guests here. American style cooking with Italan influence.)
– Jungsik (High end Korean food. Absolutely incredible. It is Korean street food elevated to fine dining.)
– Spanish: Casa Mono has impressive high end Spanish with interesting tapas and an impressive Spanish wine list. (Casa Mono is also just south of Gramercy Park my neighborhood, so I’m partial.) Pata Negra is in the Lower East side and has a fun atmosphere and a more casual setting – less fine dining, just good food. Both restaurants are very small, so I suggest reservations about a month out if you can.
– French: I usually skip fine dining French because it can get a little pretentious and predictable. However, if you’re in the mood for it, there is an amzing wine bar called Vin Sur Vignt. We were regulars at the tiny original location in the West Village. They just opened a new, larger location in NoMad (near Madison Square Park). So good! The owner uses all of his own family’s French recipes and the exclusively French wine list is out of this world!! (We’re actually considering this place for our rehersal dinner.)
– High end Italian: Maialino is the best right now. (Partial to it, since it is on my block, but it really is awesome). The service can be a little snooty depending on who you get for your waiter. If you are friendly with them, they tend to open up, though. The Malfatti (suckling pig pasta) is ah-ma-zing!
– Brunch: Basically a requirement here on the weekends. I suggest picking one of these places: Resto, Landmarc, Tarallucci E Vino, Vin Sur Vignt (also has great brunch with live music in the Wvill location), ABC Kitchen.
I hope that helps! Have a great vacation!!
Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/new-yorker-bees-tell-me-everything#ixzz2sxL5Kx2H