- 4 years ago
- Wedding: August 2014
Could you pleaseeeeeee help me?
I have been searching for THE wedding band. I have been spending MANY HOURS on this but I couln’t make up my mind. ANY comments & suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Sorry for the huge photos and long post….
My Engagement Ring:
1.60ct, 6 prong Tiffany-Setting Ring with knife edge. This is my dream e-ring
Which wedding Band should I choose?
– I would like to get a wedding band from Tiffany & Co.
– I plan to wear the wedding band together with the e-ring together most of the time.
– just by the LOOKS, I think the shared-setting looks the best with my e-ring. My fiancé agrees. I think a wedding band with dimaonds look really good with my e-ring!
– However I think the Channel-Setting seems to look more like a wedding band to me- it has a round, a more complete “band” look (when viewing the band when it is layed flat on the table- pls see photo below)
– my fiancé suggests that I may consider getting one without a diamond, with a design which could match his and would look more like a wedding band.
– the prongs of the wedding band’s setting should not scratch and wear off the prongs on my e-ring. I tried the the 2.2mm shared-prong on and it sits pretty low and might not do too much damage to my e-ring’s prongs
– I don’t think that I will ever get my wedding band changed or upgraded. I heard that most people would upgrade their Engagement Ring or get celebration rings but won’t change their wedding bands.
Which Wedding Band would you choose?
A) 2.2mm shared setting Band Ring (half circle);
B) 2.5mm Channel-set Band Ring (half circle);
C) 3 mm shared setting Band Ring (half circle); or,
D) Another ring, that matches with my fiancé’s
Photo below: my e-ring with 2.2mm Shared-Setting Band (half circle).
Photo shown below: my e-ring with 2.5mm Channel-Setting (half circle)
When looking at Wedding Bands from above, the Channel-Setting (ring on left) has a more round, complete look, and hence feels/looks more like a wedding band to me [compared with the Shared-Setting (ring on the right)].
This is the wedding band my finance is planning to choose from Tiffany & CO.
– Milgrain Wedding Band Ring (4mm)