(Closed) help with Crate & Barrel dishes, can’t decide!

posted 9 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

My only insight would be to make sure the dishes fit in your cabinet and that they will not chip (ones with patterns are more obvious when they chip)

Post # 4
1205 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I’d say register for the bone china if it’s what you want, will be more durable, and if you have less expensive items on your registries as well. You’re giving people options, not a shopping list, and you’re not requiring anyone to buy a certain dish.

Post # 5
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I used to work at a retailer that competes with C&B, and after dealing with their earthenware dishes, I’d NEVER buy earthenware.  Hopefully C&B’s are better quality, but IMO it’s not a good choice.  Like you said, it’s a relatively soft material, it chips, it’s heavy and bulky, and usually sized large so it doesn’t fit well in dishwashers and cabinets.  I wouldn’t worry so much about the price, your guests will work it out one way or another.  Go with something that will last, so you can remember your friends and family whenever you use it!

Post # 6
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

PS if it makes you feel better, we are registering for Denby dinnerware.  I had the same guilty feeling about it at first (expensive, extravagant…) but at the end of the day (and after input by my mom/sister/friends), it’s a gift registry.  If people don’t want to buy it for you, they don’t have to.  It’s a "wish" list.  As long as you have some less expensive items (bakeware, towels, glasses), I think you are fine and should get what you like!

Post # 8
27 posts
Newbee

Go with what you want! You’re the one who has to eat off of them for years to come. People will probably just not purchase as many pieces as they would have normally due to the cost, but they will still buy them for you. If you get other things that you can do without, you could use that store credit for the dishes you didn’t receive.

The topic ‘help with Crate & Barrel dishes, can’t decide!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors