Help with dress ideas DB V3204 Satin fit and flare with bow

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I tried on this dress and asked if the bow could easily removed. The consultant looked and said it looked like it was sewed on pretty well and at least would leave little holes in the fabric. If you’re covering it up anyways it probably won’t be a big deal.

Post # 5
442 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m also thinking of taking off the bow, I like it but I’m concerned that its too big and I don’t want there to be so much attention gonig towards the bow. I would love to hear if anyone has done this! Pictures of it would be great!!! 🙂

Post # 6
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I  have this same dress…I took my bow off and added a brooch! Love it!!!

Post # 7
442 posts
Helper bee

@bridetobe0212:  Do you have a picture of it? If you do, I would love to see it!!

Post # 8
11 posts
Newbee

yes,here it is.

Post # 9
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I feel like the people at David’s bridal try to keep you from making changes by saying it can’t be done. They told me my dress couldn’t changed to a sweetheart but I saw photos of it as one and my seamstress had no problems with doing it. 

Post # 10
11 posts
Newbee

@future mrs:  I feel the same way except I think they say it can’t be done because they are lazy!

Post # 11
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

i purchased this dress as well, are you guys gettng it altered at david’s bridal? or else where?

Post # 12
442 posts
Helper bee

Here is mine from it being altered.  I had the bow replaced with a flower and had some beading put above the flower.

Post # 13
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

just wanted to say i love that dress, all the pics are gorgeous too 🙂 

Post # 15
89 posts
Worker bee

@future mrs:  I know that at DB, they arent allowed to alter the design of the dress.  So they might tell you it cant be done, when what they should say, is that they cannot do it for you.  My consultant told me that when i was trying on dresses and wanting to make changes.  You can take it to another seamstress and surely they can do it. 

Post # 16
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Just going to get out there and say it. I think the bow is super cute.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors