(Closed) Help with my veil! I need a veil 101 lesson bees

posted 7 years ago in Accessories
Post # 3
506 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

You can make your own & it will match perfectly, they really aren’t that hard to make.  Mine was harder because the fabric kept moving around (I did two layers), but one layer should be a snap!!

Post # 5
506 posts
Busy bee

I used Tulle.  Since my dress was light ivory not only couldn’t I find a veil to match, but couldn’t find one as full as I wanted and the right length.  So the bridal store that I bought my dress from gave me a swatch to use to match the color and I took that with me to the fabric store and found a match.  The crystals I sewed on cost more than the tulle and comb.  I got the instructions from a site called Chica and Jo and it was very easy.  Let me know if you want anymore info.  I paid around $15 for the material and comb.

Post # 6
506 posts
Busy bee

Pictures

[attachment=1510877,190910] [attachment=1510877,190911]

Post # 7
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

you can look around at other bridal salons, but you’ll be spending $300+. if you want something cheaper, look on etsy. heknowsmyname has cheap veils that look high quality.

the girl in the monique might be wearing a silk veil, but you can get tulle that’s just as thin. you only wear the veil for an hour at most anyway though, so it’s definitely an area where you can budget.

Post # 8
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I got my veil from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MARISOLAPARICIO

I got one of the really simple sheer “on the go” veils and it was perfect. Very sheer and simple. I know she is willing to add embelishments if you want them. I thought her prices were really fair too. I know tulle and a comb isn’t expensive, but I didn’t want to spend the time to go shopping and make it myself so I was thrilled with my veil. If you convo Marisol she will work with you to make exactly what you want.

Post # 9
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Davids bridal has veils nice veils check out their website

Post # 10
1622 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We’re wearing the same dress so I am interested to find out what veil you end up wearing, ’cause I can’t decide on one to go with the dress.

Post # 11
2299 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I bought my veil from etsy. It made out of high quality fabric and lace and it was a waltz length. She let me customize it as much as I wanted for about $60. It was worth it!

Post # 14
2889 posts
Sugar bee

I made mine, technically my mom and aunt made it. I didn’t want full either so we used only a single layer of tulle. Specifically, I bought the bridal tulle because it was softer than the normal tulle and comes in varying shades of ivory. Just as a pp mentioned, I only wore my cathedral lengthe veil for the ceremony and a few pictures before taking it off and forgetting about it for the rest of the night.

The topic ‘Help with my veil! I need a veil 101 lesson bees’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors