(Closed) Help with new kitty – attacks my dog & pees on her stuff :(

posted 7 years ago in Pets
Post # 3
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

So she has been fixed already?  You got a confident kittie and she’s spraying his bed.  I actually would have recommended putting the cat in it’s own room for 1 week prior to the dog and cat meeting for the first time.  You should try that now anyway b/c you don’t want her gouging your pups eyes out.  

Keep them separated completely for a week, even when you’re not home.  Have the cat sleep with the dog’s blanket and vice versa.  Feed them on opposite sides of the door, with door closed of course.  Let them sniff each other from opposites sides of the door.  Then slowly introduce them after that.  Just keep the door open and see what they do.  Don’t allow the kittie to get too close to the pup if she’s bein aggressive.  You can always have a spray bottle w/ water handy in case you think she’ll attack your pup.  Instead of having just the cat scared, you now have the cat and dog scared, so key is to do it slowly.  

The topic ‘Help with new kitty – attacks my dog & pees on her stuff :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors