- 4 years ago
- Wedding: April 2013
I know a lot of people considering a desitnation wedding are confused about what it will cost. I just got back from my desination wedding in Mexico and thought I’d help out by telling you what I paid. It’s hard to break down the cost by specific item because their systsem includes a package that you then add on to, so I’ll just give you the big numbers.
My wedding was at a very nice all inclusive in Puerto Vallarta and we had 63 guests. And it was AWESOME.
$8000 for the ceremony & reception for 63 people included
– everything that goes with the ceremony including some basic decor
– served drinks during cocktail hour and dinner
– appetizers during cocktail hour
– A full dinner buffet including desert and a simple wedding cake
– flowers (my boquet, one BM boquet, 3 bouts, centerpieces, ceremony flowers)
– a guitarist during the ceremony, a mariachi band during cocktail hour, and a DJ after dinner
– Bride’s hair & makeup
– Wedding coordinator services (I’m in love with our coordinator)
– Basic chairs, linnens, etc (did not choose any upgrades)
– Very basic photography and videography.
This was my origional bill, there may have been a few things we added in at the last minute that I haven’t seen on the bill yet. All in all a fantastic value in my opinion.
What costs do you need to think about and budget for that aren’t included? The following items will vary dramatically in cost based on your choices.
– The cost of the trip for you & FI and any guests you may be helping with. For reference, our trip cost about $1300 each, all inclusive.
– Hair/make-up/mani-pedis for the ladies (at our resort hair was about $65 and makeup was about $60)
– Your & his wedding clothes
– Photography/videography upgrades. We stuck with the resort’s basic videography but decided to hire our own photographer. We found that if your looking for amazing work, you are going to pay the same as what you’d pay in the states/Canada.
– Favors (we spent about $200 on custom maracas for our favors, but also did a welcome gift that cost a total of about $170 and fan at the ceremony wwhich were an extra $60)
– Paper goods (invitations, welcome packages, place cards, table numbers, etc)
– Extra tips you may want to pay to vendors
Hope this helps!