Hey November 2014 brides! 6 months left! How are you feeling?

posted 3 years ago in November 2014
Post # 2
2364 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

znowbird22:  I feel good about where we’re at.  We have all the big stuff checked off our list, now it’s the annoying stuff (in my opinion).  The details that I didn’t otherwise think of or budget for!!

Who else is worried about weather?  I guess it all depends on what part of the country you’re in but NJ Novembers can be very hit or miss, and our venue is a barn!   

I’ve been engaged longer than I have left until the wedding (10 months)…where did the year go???

Post # 3
1583 posts
Bumble bee

znowbird22:  Woo!  I have 6 months and 2 weeks left. Its exciting and terrifying lol. I have most of the major stuff done. Going shopping with the bridesmaids (FINALLY) on Saturday. We did the Catholic marriage prep course last weekend so that’s out of the way. My MOH is throwing us an engagement party in a few weeks which I’m excited about. Other than that we need to book the cake and DJ.  I’m leaving the DJ up to FI (he needed a job).

Post # 4
1583 posts
Bumble bee

BurlapnLace:  Definitely worried about the weather!  I’m hoping any major wind holds off until after the wedding so there is still colour in the trees.

Post # 6
297 posts
Helper bee

I think FI and I have organised most things (venue, dress, shoes, photographer, videographer, florist, officiant, ceremony decor, majoirty of reception decor, cars), or at least have decided what we are going to do and just need to organise it at some point (FI & GM suits, cake, DJ, bridesmaid dress [if she will ever feel like shopping!], hotel, veil, DIY wishing well, semi-DIY glitter “MR & MRS” letters for head table, possibly favours).

My work is crap right now (nothing to do) so I end up just reading weddingbee, looking online for miscellaneous things like favours / cake topper. My recent purchase was a gorgeous clutch from etsy that happens to match my dress to a T! Looking forward to it arriving in the post.

Post # 7
496 posts
Helper bee

I have all the big stuff done too. Now I’m just looking for the perfect invitation.

Post # 8
33 posts
Newbee

We have all the major parts done except for alterations, catering and decorations.  I may be missing things, but all of our services are books and deposits paid.  It’s been a whirlwind, but I am still calm. 

Post # 9
163 posts
Blushing bee

we have pretty much all the stuff done – its just a case of sorting favors and table pretty’s!

So exciting – had my bridal make up trial yesterday and i jsut loved it!

Post # 10
559 posts
Busy bee

um,probably should find an offciant soon lol. But yes,venue,dress,shoes, hair,honeymoon, photographer…actually I think that’s it lol. My fiance is getting his gear. I’m really going back and forth about doing my own makeup. Our wedding is super small and I mean,I do a pretty decent job lol I do want to find a violinist or guitar player for the ceremony.

Post # 11
26 posts
Newbee

yay for it being almost over! cant wait! I need to pick the music and finalize the food choices, plus get my wedding acessories! and of course alterations! yay!

Post # 13
163 posts
Blushing bee

znowbird22:  It was fab I loved it. I wanted to waisummer later in the year but as I needed a weekend she was pretty much fully booked for the whole summer so I though heck I’ll just do it now! She was amazing and it stayed all day/night

Post # 14
705 posts
Busy bee

I think like all the small things are happening now. And it’s like go time. Seems so far away yet not. It’s all little things from here on out and MONEY. Lol. I’ve never been excited to get summer over with. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors