Highest and lowest point of 2013!!

posted 3 years ago in Holidays
Post # 3
825 posts
Busy bee

Highest: Getting engaged and beginning to plan a wedding that represents FI, me, and our love. 

Lowest: Being under employed and the stress that caused due to pressure from inlaws. 

Looking forward to next year: Focusing on us and not my inlaws, and getting a job that I deserve. 

Post # 4
259 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

High – Get Engaged and Started a New Job

Low – Dad recurrance with Cancer and my hospitalization for Bi-Lateral PEs.

Post # 5
1248 posts
Bumble bee

highest- getting engaged/landing my dream career/getting my cat Angus/losing 70lbs! (it was a real good year lol)

lowest- my pawpaw having a heart attack & causing him to be pretty much wheelchair bound and his health still declining.

i hope to accomplish- keeping great relationships with friends and family, saving plenty money so I can plan the wedding & honeymoon we want, and enjoy the full year planning our wedding!! (which i’ve waited for for a LONGGGG time!! Smile )

Happy New Year, Bees!!

Post # 6
2117 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

HIGHEST: Getting engaged, obviously! And just because it happened yesterday (and because it was a great end to the year), getting a raise and a promotion at work.

LOWEST: My sister going through some pretty serious mental health issues. I’m hoping 2014 is a much better year for her and my parents, who are dealing with everything with real grace and humility.

WHAT I HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH IN 2014: Train for a half marathon, get this whole wedding planning thing going and apply to grad school.

Post # 7
1158 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@eecuadrado:  great idea!

HIGH: builing a stronger bond with my fiancé in all aspects of our relationship, planning our wedding and being surrounded by our loved ones every day, who have been loving and supporting.

LOW: my grandfather being hopsitalized for 6 weeks (3 of which he was in ICU) with Legionnaires disease, and unexpectedly losing my uncle to a heart attack (during the time my grandfather was in the hospital)

WHAT I HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH IN 2014: buy a house, have an amazing wedding, continue to save money, better job opportunities for my FI, be happy and healthy, and see my loved ones happy and healthy

Post # 9
3989 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

HIGHEST: Getting pregnant with our rainbow baby 🙂

LOWEST: My father dying in October.

What I hope to accomplish this year: Being a great Mom and giving birth to a beautiful, healthy baby!

Post # 10
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

HIGHEST: Getting engaged! 🙂

LOWEST: Some issues at work that caused lots of stress

What I hope to accomplish this next year: Getting married to the love of my life 🙂

Post # 11
462 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Highest: getting engaged to my best friend/the love of my life.

Lowest: our family dog died at age 16 and it was heartbreaking

Post # 12
1287 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

HIGHEST: Getting engaged to my fiance, and getting engaged in a healthier lifestyle, which has me the strongest I have ever been (and the lightest…)!

LOWEST: The moment I looked in the mirror, and realized I did not recognize myself anymore, which jump started my highest moment!

What I hope to accomplish this year: I resolve to get married (yayyyy!), work on saving more and spending less (post-wedding), and really truly enjoying every moment rather than wishing so much time away (I always look forward to the ‘next thing’, and miss what is right in front of me!).  And lastly, I resolve to worry less about changing others, and focus on changing my reaction to others (i.e., instead of wishing someone would be nicer, I need to practice more patience and calmness and not let them get to me!).

Happy New Year Bees!

Post # 13
885 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

HIGHEST:  Our wedding day/weekend – pretty much unbeatable!

LOWEST:  A random weekend day where my crazy workload at my job combined with wedding planning stress and frustration at my inlaws finally got the better of me, and a small wedding guestlist issue sent me over the edge.  Thank god it was only my husband who had to witness my meltdown, complete with locking myself in the bathroom. 

HOPES FOR 2014:  Learning when to ask for help, keeping a good work-life balance, and being a good wife.

Post # 14
1304 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

High points: Pregnancy, two new kittens, two European vacations, and promotions for both me and my husband.

Low points: We kicked off 2013 with a miscarriage.  My current pregnancy was accompanied by a lot of anxiety and mild depression, and my husband and I had a hard time connecting especially during my second trimester.  And we are dealing with leaks in our condo.

Hope to accomplish: Getting to know my son (due in late Feb), learning to be a mom, figuring out how to balance my job with my new family obligations.

Post # 15
896 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

HIGHEST:  getting our puppy. 

LOWEST:  I can’t think of a point that was so low as to be worth mentioning.  There were fights (obviously); there were unexpected expenses… but none of it felt like a low point; it just felt like life…

HOPES FOR 2014:  That we all continue to be healthy, that we continue on our path toward remodeling, that our relationship continues to get better, and that we continue to hold jobs we enjoy. 

Post # 16
1599 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

HIGHEST: Getting engages and married to my excellent husband, adopting our new dog and really focusing on my own mental and physical health

LOWEST: My extraordinarily underpaid job, which has been entirely too stressful and kept me from taking the time off before and after the wedding and has also prevented me from taking my honeymoon so far.

What I hope to accomplish this next year: Really focusing on a healthy work/life balance, planning some travel and building a home with my new husband (still feels weird to type that.)

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors