Post # 1
Hey all, wondering if anyone has used honeyfund before and can answer a couple questions.
1. Our Honeyfund is set up but a couple people have been having trouble with paying through PayPal. Some people had no problems, and others have had issues. Now we have about 3 PayPal pledges for us, but the money hasn’t come through. I realised that it might be because I had forgotten to upgrade our PayPal account to Premier/Business. I’ve done that, now, but the payments still haven’t gone through. I contacted Honeyfund and asked what I should do, they said send reminders to those guests. Anyone have any other ideas?
2. Does anyone know what the reminder email says, exactly??
Post # 3
Hi, it’s Sara here with the low-down on accessing your credit card payments on PayPal.
This is pretty important stuff so please read this e-mail carefully!
You can also visit our PayPal Setup Guide at:
1. First, and MOST IMPORTANT: Verify the PayPal e-mail address you provided in your Honeyfund Payment Settings:
Check your e-mail at the address listed above for verification instructions.
If this is NOT your PayPal e-mail address, please update your Honeyfund Payment Settings ASAP here:
(click Edit your Honeyfund > Settings > Payment Settings)
You will get a new verification e-mail once that’s updated.
2.You must have a Premier-type account with PayPal (if you happen to have a Business account that will work, too). Otherwise you won’t be able to accept credit card payments from guests without them needing a PayPal account.
Here’s a link to PayPal if you still need to create or upgrade an existing account:
NOTE: PayPal deducts 2.9% + $.30 from each transaction US. For other countries, find fee information at paypal.com.
3. Confirm your e-mail address in your new PayPal account. You’ll see this step in the “To Do” list when you login to your account.
4. In order to withdraw your gift funds from your PayPal account you will need to provide them with your bank account information. Once logged into PayPal, click the Profile tab under My Account and then Bank Accounts. Enter your bank account info, and then verify the amounts of two small deposits.
5. Once everything above is complete, configure these PayPal settings as follows (note some options will NOT appear until all prior steps are done).
From the My Accounts Tab, click Profile. Then…
My selling tools > Selling online > Website preferences
Auto Return for Website Payments ON
Auto Return URL: http://www.honeyfund.com
Payment Data Transfer (optional) ON
Encrypted Website Payments OFF
PayPal Account Optional ON
These are very important! If not configured this way your gift givers may have trouble with their credit card payments.
Note: PayPal may send you an e-mail regarding an Identity Token and configuring “IPN.” You can disregard this information.
Alrighty, let me know if you have any questions and happy Honeyfunding!
Post # 4
That was not very helpful….:/
Also, we did receive a few payments before we upgraded the paypal account, but, as I said, some people had trouble, and now there is a pile up of gifts that haven’t been paid into our account.