Honeymoon between $5000 and $6500… ideas please! :)

posted 3 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
746 posts
Busy bee

There are a million different types of honeymoons that could fit within this budget. Are you hoping for something tropical, like the Caribbean or Mexico? Are you hoping for an adult only, all-inclusive kind of experience? Or did you have something like the Greek Islands in mind?

We’re firm believers that just because something is the right price, doesn’t mean that it’s the right trip for you. Maybe you could post a little more about your likes, disklikes, etc?

Post # 4
957 posts
Busy bee

Does that budget include during the time you’re there? Eating out, buying souvenirs, activities, etc.?

That all depends as well. For instance, FI and I booked our trip to Hawaii. We are going to be there for 10 days and the flights and hotels cost us a bit under $5000. I’m thinking at the very very most we could spend $2000 while we’re there. And that even seems high for us. We got hotels with kitchens so we don’t need to eat out every night. 

Think of places and search for flights. Search for hotels. Try sites like Expedia to see what kind of deals you can get by booking flights and hotels together. Talk to travel agents.

A budget of $6500 I think is a pretty good budget! Your options are endless! 

Post # 5
1349 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@brideybean:  We did our honeymoon for $3200, including airfare (for both of us)!  We went to Secrets resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Post # 6
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Mr TTR & I Eloped to the Florida Keys for a Destination Wedding.

We spent a few days at our Island Resort, then flew onto Puerto Rico for a few days…

In both cases we had wonderful accommodations ashore… very posh.  And we enjoyed our days sightseeing and our evenings eating out at great Restaurants.

And then went on a week long Cruise in the Southern Caribbean.

We upgraded our Ship Board Accommodations (Balcony and Concierge Class).  And took an Excursion in all the Islands / Ports of Call.

All in for our Southern Honeymoon (which was over the Christmas Holidays) we had 14 Days in “Paradise”… and spent the upper end of your budget.

No regrets… it was incredible !!

Hope this helps,

Post # 7
457 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Knowing where you’re starting from would be helpful, as this is a wonderfully international forum with bees from all over the world – lots of UK, NZ and Aussie bees. If you’re in the USA, west coast or east coast makes a big difference as well . . .

Post # 8
779 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We did two weeks in France in the middle of May for less than that. Seems to me you could do almost anything you like on that budget. What do you like to do and see on vacation? Beaches, mountains, history, culture, fine dining, exotic places and cuisines? Do you want something relaxing and romantic or tons of new experiences to share?

Post # 9
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

You could totally do a cruise! That way you could go to more than one place!

Post # 11
3519 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@brideybean:  I second the cruise idea–that way, you can be sure your money is budgeted and only alcohol and excursions are extra.  There’s also something to be said for not having to drive anywhere, deal with iffy affordable hotels, etc.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors