(Closed) Honeymoon ideas with $3000 ??

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I did Maui for 7 nights from S. Carolina for around 3k (maybe a little more.) It didn’t include meals though. It included lodging, flights, rental car and some activites. We went with a nicer hotel though, so it can be done for less.

Post # 4
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

We’re cruising to Bermuda for our honeymoon. Our total budget is about $3500 but thats including some upgraded and kind of unnecessary things that we’re throwing in. 

Post # 5
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I spent exactly $3100 on a 7 night honeymoon at Excellence Punta Cana in DR. We will be going there in May and this includes airfar as well as transportation from the airport to the resort and vice versa. It’s an all-inclusive resort with great reviews. I highly recommend it.

Post # 6
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Not sure I can help because I did a caribbean cruise for our honeymoon. But, I must say we definately got some relaxation and fun in.

We visited Mexico on the cruise we took and could totally see staying there a week with no problem if you love beaches and drinking. : )

My family owns a home in DR and if you are looking to stay at the hotel and enjoy the beaches that is also a great option (only eat the food from the hotels and the “nicer” restaurants though, just a little heads up there!).

Good luck finding your perfect honeymoon!

Post # 7
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

If you’re thinking tropical, you could try Huatulco, Mexico. My parents visit Mexico often and they say that that is about the closest to Tropical Paraside possible. Either that or Isla Mujarhas. (Isle of the Women, just off Cancun)

Post # 8
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Playa del Carmen is the answer to your problems. Gulf side of Mexico, the town is gorgeous; it’s playful and energetic without being too spring-breaky (most resorts will not allow spring breakers). My family went together and had the time of our lives. You can do anything from lay on the beach to Senor Frogs in town, or even exploring the ruins around Playa. Amazing time!

Post # 9
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

belize or dominican republic???

Post # 10
1013 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We are having a DW in Costa rica so that will be the honeymoon. We did stay at Sandal in motego bay last year and spent less than 3 grand on a week. We got an excellent deal. I loved it there I reccomend Jamaica

Post # 11
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I was going to suggest Mexico, like Cancun but since you live in Florida, I don’t know if you want to be that close.  What about the other side of Mexico (the pacific side) like Cabo San Lucas.  Since i live in Seattle, we went to Cancun, although I wonder why I didn’t look at Cobo San Lucas.  I booked our hm with cheap caribbean.com and if I was to go on another trip to the caribbean again, I would definitely book through them again.  I found this link. http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/specialForLocale.jsp?locID=342′ defer=’defer

Oh, what about a cruise?   I considered cruises myself but since I am very senstive to being sea sickeness, I didn’t want to try it out on my hm. 😉

Good luck!

Post # 12
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Turks & Caicos you can easily do for 3000, maybe even less with Club Med.  Not much to do on the island but there is plenty to do at the club.  Plus, it is adults only.  They do offer some excursions as well.  If you’re a diver, the diving is outstanding. 

Post # 14
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

You can still get some relaxation out of a cruise if you pick an itinerary that has some “days at sea”. That way you get the best of both worlds: you can see mulitple desitinations, and still get a few days to relax. I’ve done the cruise thing before; hubby has not. We’re doing a Norwegian cruise around Greece… cruise and airfare is exactly 3k.

Post # 15
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

My FI and I are on a $3K budget too and we’re actually heading to Vegas. I know it sounds silly, but it’s really cheap during the week so we’ve got plenty of budget to see the shows we’ve always wanted to catch, visit the spa and have some really fancy dinners. We even got a price at the Trump Towers for $99 a night. So, just something to consider if you’re open to something non-tropical. 🙂

Post # 16
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@cmh05g:  did you try some the islands in the bahamas?  I havent done an all inclusive but I did stay in a hotel.  We went end of June and for 2 air & room for 5 nights was around 1500. 

The topic ‘Honeymoon ideas with $3000 ??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors