(Closed) Honeymoon in August on a $1200 budget, think MOUNTAINS!!!

posted 8 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

We were engaged at Keystone, CO.  I think they have pretty good deals and lots of activites during the summer.  I’m not sure exactly how much their rentals are during the summer, but I know during the peak time in the winter we’re able to rent a condo for about $800 for 5 days/nights.

Post # 5
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

We went to Glacier National Park in the end of July for our honeymoon.  It was completely magical.  We camped, then spent some nights in the various lodges.  It was amazing!!!

Post # 6
2250 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

Banff. Or crater lake. oregon has no sales tax but banff is awesome and your dollar might go further in Canada.

Post # 7
4024 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Mrs DG: yay!!!! i love living here!!!! Thats what I get to do all year all over! Kalispell is the best!

We don’t have any taxes here either, so its super nice. Whitefish does have a resort tax though, always throws me off!

You should let me know if you do come up this way!!!

Post # 8
2250 posts
Buzzing bee

here are pics of banff and crater lake. maybe if i can get them to load.

[attachment=571888,74744] [attachment=571888,74745]

Post # 9
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Crater Lake is one of my very favorite places in the world!  So beautiful!  If you like road trips, staying someplace that is a day or two’s drive away will save lots of money as well.

Post # 12
3098 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Ok, well this post made me seriously want to move to a mountain village!

Post # 13
2250 posts
Buzzing bee

calgary to banff is the most amazing drive tho, you can go by lake louise and drive past the glaciers!

[attachment=572075,74762]

Post # 15
4024 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I think our airport has a shuttle that takes you to Glacier.

Post # 16
2250 posts
Buzzing bee

dont worry they arent going anywhere! save up and go as an anniversary trip! And stay at the Banff Springs Hotel!. btw if i win powerball i am buying it and living there lol.

The topic ‘Honeymoon in August on a $1200 budget, think MOUNTAINS!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors