(Closed) Honeymoon in Easter Island & Argentina?

posted 8 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
5 posts
  • Wedding: August 2010

Yes!  We’re also planning to do an extended trip to Patagonia and Easter Island.  I’m only just starting to research it now, since we’ll probably go in January.  I’ve found the Tripadvisor and Lonely Planet forums to be pretty useful, the best pieces of info I’ve found so far are that 1) you should book trips to Easter Island early since they tend to sell out and 2) you pay way for more tickets to EI if you don’t buy them from the LAN-Chile website in Spanish.

Are you using a travel agent or booking all the flights yourself?  I’m not really sure of the best way to go about it…  good luck!

Post # 4
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Argentina is the best! I’d recommend going to Mendoza and doing some wine tasting. Maybe stay at one of the cute little B&Bs. Iguazu Falls in the north is really amazing too if you want to do a quick jaunt up there. I’ve blogged lots about our Argentinian travels…link can be found in my profile if you want more info and pics Smile

Post # 6
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’d LOVE to hear back from anybody that made it to Easter Island- that’s where we want to go!  Would also be great to hear about how buying the Chilean tickets worked- I’m super freaked about showing up to the airport and having them not work or not be valid for whatever reason.  My Spanish skills are high school level at best so I would be afraid of missing any “you have to be a citizen” or other disclaimers.

The topic ‘Honeymoon in Easter Island & Argentina?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors