(Closed) Honeymoon in Paris for December 2013. Advice?

posted 5 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@krisashpete:  My parents lived in Paris for 3 years and I visited them at Christmas twice. Everything in Paris is beautiful in December! If you are going in December, you will be able to go to the Christmas markets near the Eiffel Tower and go to the Gallerie Lafayette. It is also beautiful to see Versailles if it happens to snow. Walking around any of the streets in December, you will see all the beautiful lights they put up to decorate for the holidays. It is gorgeous! Bring a variety of clothing, including a warm coat and a raincoat and comfortable, WARM shoes for all the walking you will do. 

You will have a wonderful time! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - The Gables at Chadds Ford

We haven’t been there yet, but we have ours booked for September!  One person told me to check out Mont. St. Michele- I just googled it and it looks awesome!  do you speak Fench at all?  I am trying to learn a few phrases before we go.  The app “mind snacks” is pretty fun, its basically a game, but it helps you learn the basics.  

Post # 7
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

When I saw there a few years ago, it was the summer. I’m not sure if they offer it during the winter, but if they do take a cruise down the Seine later in the day. If you catch it just right you can watch the sunset behind Norte Dame. And then they turn on the lights for the Eiffel Tower and you get the river view of it. All of Paris lights up.

Post # 8
356 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Hi! I’m getting married in London so a lot of my American guests are combining the trip with a trip to Paris. I made them a little guide. I hope it helps you too!

Things to do in Paris (besides the Eiffel Tower…which is amazing!)

Bateau Boat – Takes you up and down the river. It’s worth doing it once and night and once in the day, in my opinion! At night, the Eiffel tower does a twinkling lights show. Pretty magical when watching it from the river. 

The Louvre – Go see the Mona Lisa! 

Notre Dame Cathedral – Gorgeous. 

Arc de Triumphe – The famous arch

Pompidou Centre – The outside is cool looking (it’s known for it’s funky architecture), but it’s not worth going inside. There are lots of street performers, outdoor cafes around there. Nice and lively area!

Moulin Rouge – Definitely go see the outside, and see a show if you can…but the shows are very expensive!

Montmartre – This is my favourite part of Paris! It’s the artist quarter. It’s full of amazing views, quaint cobblestone streets, and artists trying to paint your portrait everywhere you turn! So cute here!

Sacre Cour – BEAUTIFUL cathedral in Montmartre. Sit on the steps and soak up the incredible views of the city!

Galleries Lafayette – This is Paris’ famous department store (their version of Harrod’s). And one of the locations has a great rooftop terrace where you can enjoy a drink and see views over the city. 

Fauchon – Steve and I freaking LOVE this place. It’s crazy expensive. But everything is homemade…from the pastries to the macaroons to the amazing desserts. They call it the Millionaire’s supermarket. But boy, is it worth every penny. Delicious. 

Honestly – Paris is just so unbelievable. It’s all about sitting in an outdoor cafe, taking hours to eat your wine and cheese, finishing off with some macaroons, and just BEING. Everywhere you look is beautiful. Just take a walk and allow yourself to get lost, and you won’t be disappointed! Find a sweets shop and try gourmet Paris chocolates. And yes – you have to try escargot while you’re there! The French really do love it. Surprisingly tasty. 

Post # 9
855 posts
Busy bee

ohhhhhh Mont. St. Michele…. it’s breathtaking there.

Post # 10
638 posts
Busy bee

I lived in Paris for a year and a half for college and the most beautiful spots to me are Montmartre (obviously) and the Ile-de-la-cite, the small island in the middle of the Seine. There is a beautiful English language bookshop called Shakespeare and Co. that used to play host to Hemingway, FitzGerald, etc. and it was my favorite spot.

Not so romantic but the Rue Mouffetard (the street) has literally the cheapest drinks in the city. But I was in college, you may not care about that so much ๐Ÿ˜›

The area where I lived was the Marais and it’s the best part to stroll through if you want to know what Paris looked like in the Middle Ages, as the rest of the city was redone in the 19th. C.

And Mt. Saint Michel is beautiful, but I wonder if you’ll have time to go to Normandy? It’s a couple hours drive and I think you may want to just take in the city as much as you can.

Hope you Enjoy!

Post # 11
694 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

OOOh what wonderful ideas…I’m bookmarking this!

Post # 14
246 posts
Helper bee

If you are going on your honey moon you have to visit the Pont de l’Archevêché.  It’s a little bridge behind Notre Dame.  Couples write there name on a padlock, lock it to the bridge and throw the keys in the water.  It’s a bit cheesy but very romantic!  We did this when visiting Paris on Valentine’s day.

Post # 16
420 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I’ve only spent a few weeks in Paris, so I don’t think I’m qualified to give too much advice, but I have to disagree on the Pompidou. If you don’t like modern art, I guess it’s not worth going inside, but it’s the biggert modern art museum in Europe, and one of the best in the world. I’d rather go inside the Pompidou than the Louvre any day (which is what I did on my last trip)!

The topic ‘Honeymoon in Paris for December 2013. Advice?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors