(Closed) Honeymoon in Turks & Caicos?

posted 8 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
873 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I feel so old, but I went to T&C 19 years ago when I was 10! It was a great vacation! I know the island is built up more than at that time, but my coworker just came back from a cruise with a stop there, and it still seems much less commercialized than many other places.  It was a very peaceful and relaxing place to be with incredibly friendly people.  When we went, my dad and I went sailing and dolphin-watching.  I also remember going to a conch farm…but I’m sure there’s much more to do now.

Post # 4
37 posts
  • Wedding: June 2010

We’re going to Turks and Caicos too!!! When are you going? We haven’t booked yet, but we’ll be going the begining of August right after the wedding. Its off season so it will be a ‘little’ bit cheaper and still really warm! When are you going? I’ve been looking at all kinds of sites and locations, it has some of the top beaches in the world! I’ll check back with some of the places I find.

Post # 5
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

My Fiance and I went last October and we fell in love with Providenciales.  The island is starting to really boom with some beautiful hotels and classier resorts and we highly recommend staying on Provo.  We were at the Sands Grace Bay, which was beautiful, but depending on how much you want to spend, there are some pretty sweet hotels besides that one.  (we paid around $150 a night for a balcony room with ocean view)  The most stunning thing about T&C is the water.  It’s a bright shade of turquoise and you feel like you’re in a postcard the entire time you’re on the beach.

The coolest part about the island is that there are coral gardens and reefs right off of the beaches so you can walk the beach with a snorkel mask and jump in wherever you’d like.  We took a walk down to Coral Gardens (in front of the Coral Gardens hotel) and loved it!  There were so many fish and the water was crystal clear.  We also took a cab down to Bight Reef and snorkeled there for a half day. 

I highly recommend taking a sunset cruise while there as well.  The one we were on allowed us to snorkel off of the bigger reef about half a mile out from shore where we saw turtles, sharks and hundreds of fish.  I’m so glad we did that!  Afterwards you watch the sun set behind the ocean and curl up with your new hubby. 🙂  Some cruises will even take you out to Iguana Island which is kind of cool too.

We have lots of pictures from our trip and I’d be happy to answer any questions you have about the island or send you some pics.  Just PM me!

Post # 6
32 posts
  • Wedding: October 2010

We went to Turks & Caicos last year.  First off, it is an absolutely beautiful island.  Cool  My only concern for you would be that October is off season and you will want to make sure things are open….a lot of places close down during that time.

Also, there isn’t a lot of nightlife…..so if you are looking for ‘lots to do’ in the evening, this isn’t your place….  however, if you are looking to sit on a beautiful beach, relax, swim in the amazing blue water and eat delicious food, Provo is your place!

We stayed at Point Grace and I can’t say enough GOOD things about the resort!!!!

Have FUN!!!!!!!

Post # 7
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I am having my weddingmoon there May 2011 and I am over excited from all of your posts.

The topic ‘Honeymoon in Turks & Caicos?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors