(Closed) honeymoon is booked…sandals la toc st. lucia april 2013

posted 6 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
1199 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@katie395:  Congrats!  We’re staying at Sandals in Halcyon beach which is the smallest and quietest of the 3 in St. Lucia, which is just what we wanted.  Not going for another 6.5 weeks though, but I plan on visiting the La Toc property.  Will let you know!

Post # 4
7904 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

St. Lucia is so beautiful. I want to go there one day! I hope you love it.

Post # 6
691 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@katie395:  My Darling Husband and I honeymooned at Sandals La Toc in October 2011… we can’t say enough great things about it! We found that La Toc had the best food out of the three resorts, didn’t have a crazy party atmosphere (which we didn’t want) and wasn’t boring either. We went on quite a few excursions because we wanted to see the island.

The Joe Knows tour is SO GREAT… there’s others that try to sell to you on the beach like Son of Man and one other one… but Joe Knows came with a great reputation and has actually been endorsed by Sandals, so we went with them. It was totally worth every penny! We also did the ziplining (awesome), snorkel and SNUBA trips (also great). We didn’t do the shopping trips because although the locals are very friendly, I didn’t feel safe wandering around Castries for souveniers.

Sandals has professional photographers that wander the resorts and take pictures of you that you can purchase at the end of the trip. While it’s lots of $$$, I’m a picture person and we got the CD package. You get all the rights to the photos and they give you a 5×7 with a free frame. With the other package, they print the photos for you and that’s it… No CD. We printed all the pictures when we got home at Walmart.

What really made our trip was that we had butler service. It sounds snooty, but Roger and Delia were amazing and made us feel so comfortable during the stay. They give you a cell phone to carry around and call them if you have any questions/requests/issues. We were able to have breakfast on our balcony overlooking the water as frequently as we wished, they decorated our room with flower petals several times, drew up a romantic bath for two with champagne, etc. It was wonderful.

A few pieces of advice: book your restaurant reservations and excursions as soon as you get there. We didn’t book anything beyond a spa treatment for us before get arrived, and I’m glad we waited. We got to talk to people about what they enjoyed and what they didn’t… for example, I heard that the horseback riding on the beach was a total waste of time and money. Also, make sure you bring all your toiletries. The beach shop that sells them is WAY overpriced. Darling Husband forgot his shaving cream and they charged us $6 for a travel sized one!

Generally, the locals are awesome but just be careful. There was one man on the beach (not sure how he got there) who asked us if we wanted to smoke weed or do anything else he had with him. These drugs are ILLEGAL in St Lucia and they will arrest you – and you don’t have rights down there! We did hear of another couple getting a small amount of money stolen when they went on their own to a Castries street party… but other locals who saw what happened ran after the thief and got their money back!

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have! We loved our time in St Lucia and would love to go back! 🙂

Post # 7
320 posts
Helper bee

Hello everyone staying at Sandals,

I was wondering how much you spent and what kind of room you booked. I completly understand if you do not wish to answer.

My Hubby and I are booking really soon and are clueless about what is a fair price/good deal.

Post # 8
691 posts
Busy bee

@Irishb:  We booked the Romeo and Juliet suite on the sunset bluffs with the butler service. It was totally worth the extra little splurge. To justify the extra cost, we stayed for 6 nights instead of 7.

Post # 9
2216 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I also just booked our honeymoon at Sandals La Toc.  We will be going from 8/13-8/20, so 7 nights.  I am just as excited as the OP is.

@Irishb:  With airfare from Cleveland (which was ridiculously expensive) and 7 nights at La Toc in a Deluxe Honeymoon room (the cheapest option), our package was just under $5000.  With airfare being as expensive as it was, we opted to stay the full week instead of upgrading to a room with a butler.  We’ve never had butler service before, so we won’t know what we’re missing.  Also, my travel agent said that she would see to it that Fiance and I got an upgraded room when we arrived.  HTH.

Post # 11
3 posts
  • Wedding: September 2012

@shimmerofheaven:  Thanks so much for all of the information!

We are staying on the bluff in a villa with a plunge pool fro 7 nights after our wedding in October 2012. How did you like staying on the bluff?  Was it easy to get to the main pool and other restaurants? 

How was the weather in October….I’ve heard it’s rainy season but hopefully not that bag!

I love that they will sell you the CD of all your photos.  Do they take a of pictures over your stay? Was it very expensive to do that?

We also have a butler, which the more reviews I read I am so happy we do. What are some of the things you asked them to do?  do they make reservations for you ahead of time or are you supposed to just do that when you get there?

Thanks so much!

Post # 12
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’ll be staying at La Toc in June. My fiance and I will spend 5 nights there and then 3 nights at another resort called Ladera. I’m very excited about our trip!

Post # 13
248 posts
Helper bee

@coffeegal85:  We will be there when you will! 8/5-8/16 for us. We can’t wait! 

Post # 14
128 posts
Blushing bee

@purplebee:  & coffeegal85: – We will be there 8/10- -8/17 also!! we cant wait defintely so excited for it!

Post # 15
672 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Im going to Sandals La Toc too but in November 2012! we also booked the Sunset Bluff One bedroom suite with private pool and butler. I cant wait for it! Cant wait to hear everyones reviews of the place! 

Post # 16
1 posts
  • Wedding: May 1987

My husband and I just returned from Sandals La Toc. We spent eight glorious nights in St. Lucia; four at Sandals Halcyon and four at Sandals La Toc. We also did the Sandals Foundation Reading Trip, which I highly recommend.

While in St. Lucia, we visited Sandals Grande St. Lucian, too. I personally liked La Toc best, because it really has the most variety. The Bluff Suites really feel like a resort within a resort, as they are up the hill away from the main hotel area and have their own pool, restaurant, gym, etc. If you and your fiancee are golfers, it is the only Sandals resort in St. Lucia with it’s own golf course. It also has lots of great dining choices. Open air Le Piton was our favorite and there are no reservations required. It opens at 6:30 and I suggest getting there just before it opens to get a table with an ocean view.

You could stay for the first few nights in one of the rooms in the main area before your wedding and then splurge after your wedding by moving to one of the bluff suites. It’s more private there and you could be spoiled by a butler, who will make your honeymoon the ultimate in romance:-) Our butlers, Sherwyn & Barkus were wonderful! Barkus served us dinner on our balcony on the last night, which was the perfect end to our vacation.

The Reading Trip was great! It really makes you appreciate all that we have here in North America. You will be a blessing to kids, as well as being blessed yourselves. We visited the Balata Government School with another couple. There were not as many children at school that day because the kids had just had their final exams the day before and attendance was optional. This was not typical, but the children were split into two groups, older and younger. We had about 20 of the older kids which was great! We had lots of fun with the kids; I read them a story from a book they had in the classroom and my husband did some brain teasers with them on the chalkboard and taught them some magic tricks. It was fun to see them showing their teacher “the ruler trick” later. The children taught us about the game of cricket and we shared the game of baseball. We were impressed that they knew that George Washington was our first president.

I do have a lot more that I could share with you if you would like. Feel free to check out my pictures from the trip and a video of the visit with the children. 

I think you’ve selected an wonderful place to get married. If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to ask.

The topic ‘honeymoon is booked…sandals la toc st. lucia april 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors