(Closed) Honeymoon suggestions for around $3000?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

We paid about that much for our cruise, Oasis of the Seas. We splurged on a balcany and I’m glad we did. Unfortunately I had a migraine for have of the trip, so we did spend a lot of time in the room. Even with that, we had a blast!

Post # 4
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

A cruise would a be a lot of fun. You could do a really nice cruise for that amount. We went to Couples Sans Souci in Ocho Rios Jamaica for about $2700, which was all inclusive. There are many all inclusives in Jamaica/Caribbean and Mexico that you could go to for about that much

Post # 5
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We are doing Mexico for a little less than that for 8 days. I would look into the Caribbean if you want a tropical and relaxing honeymoon.

Post # 6
5296 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1993

I would definitely look at Mexico or the Dominican Republic – my friend went to Riviera Maya for her honeymoon in Sept. for a week for under $3k, all-inclusive. I’ve heard that DR is pretty reasonably priced as well.

I would suggest visiting with a travel agent – they can really help get you started on the right path ๐Ÿ™‚

@PitBulLover: What time of the year did you go/for how long? We are going for 8 days in June/July and it was just under $4k for us. We fly out of Chicago. Just curious if you got a super-good deal or other things contributed.

Post # 7
1090 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

http://couples.com/tower-isle/index.php

WE PAID EXACTLY 3K FOR BOTH OF US ALL INCLUSIVE PLUS AIR FAIR WITH AN UPGRADED OCEANVIEW ROOM AT THE COUPLES, TOWER ISLE. WE KNEW WE WANTED TROPICAL & SOMEWHERE THAT WASN’T GOING TO HAVE A BUNCH OF KIDS. THIS IS WHY WE CHOSE A COUPLES RESORT. MY BEST FRIEND AND HER HUSBAND WENT TO A COUPLES (NEGRIL) AND SAID IT WAS THE BEST WEEK OF THEIR LIFE! GOOD LUCK!! CHECK OUT THE REVIEWS ON TRIP ADVISOR TOO, THEY ARE INCREDIBLE! I CANNOT WAIT!

Post # 8
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Sign up for Ideeli!! They’re one of those sites that have sales on designer stuff but they also have killer travel deals! We got a 10 night all inclusive stay at a resort in Antigua for a little under $3,000. Of course that doesn’t include airfare and a few other things, but even adding airfare we made out really well.

They go through a bunch of different sales but the place we’re staying is actually on there again right now – The Verandah ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
973 posts
Busy bee

We are going to Couples Tower Isle in Jamaica, we are leaving Aug 1 and will be there a week. We paid $2900 or $3100, I dont remember, but that included insurance, our hotel the night before we fly out (to save on paying for parking for a week) and a middle/upper scale room (not top of the line room). It includes TONS of stuff in the all inclusive also!

• Three fresh water swimming pools + Jacuzzis
  • Six unique restaurants serving the finest international cuisine with Caribbean flavors: Bayside Asian, Verandah continental cuisine, Patio Mediterranean and Italian fare, Eight Rivers Caribbean fusion, Beach Grill, Veggie Café
  • Four bars, including the Tower Isle bar, and Piano bar, all serving premium brand liquors, wines and champagne
  • Private island for au naturel sunbathing
  • Watersports & scuba
  • Hard-Tru tennis courts with lights, complimentary lesson
  • Unlimited golf (transfers and green fees included. Caddy mandatory at a nominal charge)
  • Air-conditioned fitness center, with state-of the art cardio equipment.
  • Classes include spinning, aerobics, yoga, Pilates and meditation
  • Glass-bottom boat tour
  • Catamaran Cruise at sunset
  • Dunn’s River Falls tour
  • Shopping excursion to Downtown Ocho Rios
  • Shuttle to Island Village, home of Jimmy Buffett’s “Margaritaville”

and ours actually said something about horseback riding tour also…. I’m so excited and it seems gorgeous!!!

Post # 10
3521 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We’re going to Negril, Jamaica.  Look up the resort, Tensing Pen.

Post # 11
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

We are going to Aventura Spa Palace in Riviera Maya for a week for $2800 including airfar, its adults only, all inclusive. And they’re running a special now where you get 1500 in resort money to spend at the spa, on excursions (swim with dolpins, ruins, etc). p

Post # 12
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

We booked our HM last night (yay!!) for the week before your wedding date.  7 night Eastern Caribbean Carnival cruise in a balcony on an ungraded floor for under $2000 (not including airfare but inlcuding gratuities).  A cruise was perfect for us because we don’t drink a lot either but all the food and room service (including breakfast delivered every morning if we want!) are included.  Plus in the middle or end of May, there shouldn’t be that many kids (17 or under) on board since most schools don’t let out until the beginning of June.  Good luck in your search!

Post # 13
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

You should also check Puerto Rico. They have some very good deals at some beautiful resorts. My fave is Wyndham Rio Mar. I would also recommend Secrets in Mexico. Lots of fun! Check out cheapcaribbean.com

Post # 14
48 posts
Newbee

check out luxurylink.com … they have great deals.  We ended up booking ours through them to go to DR and we spent a little more then 3k including air, but they have a ton of different options.  good luck! 

Post # 15
260 posts
Helper bee

We’re going to Cancun, Mexico for 9 days. All inclusive and airfare included for less than $2,200. I’ve been before and must say that all inclusive is worth it because you don’t have to worry about carrying money for food, especially since bathing suits don’t have pockets ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Honeymoon suggestions for around $3000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors