(Closed) Honeymoon under 1K??

posted 9 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

There are GREAT 3 and 4 day Mexico cruise specials (especially with Carnival) leaving from different ports in Florida, Alabama, and Louisiana.  We just looked at one that was $279 from Mobile to Mexico on Carnival.  Cruises aren’t for everyone, but from another beach-dweller, I feel ya on not wanting a beach honeymoon. 

And if you’d rather do something big and splashy and can’t afford it right now, you could always do a mini-moon and plan for something bigger down the road.

Post # 4
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Right now Southwest is having a huge fare sale on flights to Seattle – if you’re flying the right days, you could check that out. 

If you are outdoorsy or adventury, try going to the southwest – the canyons in Arizona and Utah are amazing, and hotels out there are insanely cheap.  You could go horseback riding in Canyon DeChelly and, if you’re into it, even go camping in some of the national parks out there.  There is also Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon.  

Or what about a spa weekend in upstate NY or somewhere else?  http://www.copperhood.com/index.htm  or check out http://www.discoverspas.com/news/newsplaces331.shtml.  Could be a nice relaxing few days.  A relaximoon if you will.  

Post # 5
390 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I know it’s cheesy, but if you are really looking to get away from the beach…there are a crazy amount of people from Missouri and all over (seriously far away states) that go to Branson.  (I live in Missouri, so I’m not about to visit there instead of a beach!) There are some nice hotels/condos with beautiful views  and spas and/or cute bed and breakfasts.  Depending on the time of year, there are lake sports, some shopping (not for everyone), (typically cheesy shows) and (my favorite) Christmas lights at Silver Dollar City.  We didn’t travel much while I was growing up, and I haven’t had the opportunity while finishing up school, but depending on what you are looking for it can be fun (even if it is just to act goofy). You could definately afford to have a nice stay there on your budget!  As for me, I’ll be heading to the beach!  Good luck on deciding!  I’m sure whatever you pick will be great once you’ve married your sweetie!

Post # 6
2373 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

For our honeymoon we went to Northern Michigan (traverse city)- we’re from Detroit and we have a family cabin up there.  You can do something sort of local, for pretty cheap.  It was really great, and we got to go for a week.  It wasn’t like going to Europe or anything, but we’ll do that someday when we have more time ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Congrats on your wedding and on paying for it yourself! I think that’s a very mature, considerate thing to do in these economic times (though that’s just my opinion, as someone who is doing the same!).

What area of the country are you in? That definitely has an effect on what honeymoon destinations are close to you within your budget! 

Post # 8
27 posts
Newbee

Maybe consider New Orleans… it’s close, very romantic, plenty of sightseeing, and filled with beautiful jazz on the streets!

Linda

Post # 9
141 posts
Blushing bee

Strongly consider more low key places to stay wherever you go, like a B&B. They are often gorgeous and they don’t have all sorts of extra fees and such. And you get free breakfast! TripAdvisor.com is invaluable. We’re going to CA in the peak season in the summer and are staying at a B&B where we’ll get a jacuzzi and a gourmet breakfast every morning for under $200/night. Crappy motel rooms started at like $300/night.

If you’re outdoorsy at all, find somewhere where you can hike/bike. The great outdoors is usually pretty cheap ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
487 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2009 - Byodo-In Temple, Luau Reception

I see that you’re getting married in the fall, why not go up north; it’s beautiful in the fall, when all the trees are changing colors. Some suggestions, the Poconos, New York, maybe even Maine or Canada.

Post # 12
37 posts
Newbee

I hear that Brown County in Indiana is beautiful in the fall.  Or you can do Vegas! We just got back from there a couple of weeks ago and it was a blast!  And we spent less than $1000.

The topic ‘Honeymoon under 1K??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors