(Closed) Honeymoon under $2000?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
2116 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Look on the living social escapes.. ours came out to about $1500 with flights but in Puerto Vallarta, all inclusive, 5 nights, massages, champagne in the room, etc.

Honestly, I don’t think you’ll find the Caribbean for 5 nights for less than 2k, but you can find Mexico.. the Yucatan peninsula has the white sand and clear water like the Caribbean!

Post # 3
2116 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Look on the living social escapes.. ours came out to about $1500 with flights but in Puerto Vallarta, all inclusive, 5 nights, massages, champagne in the room, etc.

Honestly, I don’t think you’ll find the Caribbean for 5 nights for less than 2k, but you can find Mexico.. the Yucatan peninsula has the white sand and clear water like the Caribbean!

Post # 4
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

The only place I know of is Curacao which is in the Caribbean. I was looking into that last time and found that you can do all inclusive there for around 2K. But I didnt look further into it after I read about the water and food being ehh…But I read its like one of the best kept secrets for honeymooning and you can do outdoor water activities etc.

Aother beach tropical all inclusive option is Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. I found resorts for like 2k all inclusive.

Lastly, if you can do slightly over 2k, depending on when you go and which resort and how many days, you could still probably do Jamaica. Jamaica’s all inclusive is cheap too.

P.S. Do a cruise to the caribbean, there are many specials all the time

Post # 5
2550 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

For deals to any part of the Carribbean(I’ve been to several islands and wanted to do a destination wedding to DR): Travelzoo.com, shermantravel.com, allinclusiveoutlet.com, sniqueaway.com, and travelbyjen.com, and tripadvisor.com.

DR is suppose to be a great place to honeymoon.  Hope to be able to go next yr.

Post # 6
7296 posts
Busy Beekeeper

if you dont have  a specific location in mind, you might be better off just booking a last minute deal the week before you go!  i know someone who used to go on vacation with her mother every year. they would get the time off work adn everything, but didnt actually know where they were going until a few days before they left!  there will always be somewhere in the caribbean with an awesome last minute deal. its typically at the resorts that are not filled up.  also time of year is important.  i think may is always the cheapest times to travel (after spring breaks and before summer).

Post # 7
489 posts
Helper bee

I agree with PurpleUnicorn. kind of scary not to know, but my friend just got back from Riviera Maya and they met two people who waited till last minute and they got it for over half off the original price. I think that you might be able to do it for around that in Mexico and maybe even some places in Punta Cana, DR. Why don’t you talk to a travel agent to see if they can help you. It won’t cost you any money to check with one.

Post # 8
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

We’re doing a 7 day Carribbean cruise for about $600 a person, though it doesn’t include airfare. I find cruises to be be a really cheap and easy vacation because almost everything is included and there’s very little planning involved. We always look on vacationstogo.com for deals, you can sort by where you want to leave from and how many days you want.

Post # 9
1088 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

FInd out what the cheapest flight to Mexico from where you live is, then book there, all inclusive. Try bookit.com

Post # 10
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

try travelzoo.com right now 299 air and hotel to bahamas

Post # 11
646 posts
Busy bee

I’m looking at trips to the caribbean side of Mexico right now and there are a lot of options for right around $2000, even for 7 nights. Bookit.com has a great feature where you can plug in your dates and airports and it will spit out the good deals. From there, you can use other search engines or book directly through them.

Post # 12
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

cheapcarribean.com – great stinking deal this weekend too

Post # 13
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I think you have to be ready to the pull the trigger immediatly, deal with some PITA flights and be totally open to destinations to meet all that- Mexico would be more doable in my experience, but some carribbean islands like Bahamas might be a good place to look for deals.  

Post # 14
20 posts
Newbee

I’m trying to talk my FI into booking a honeymoon for us, even though money is super tight! 

I’ve been looking on travelbyjen.com a lot… I’ve seen other bees recommend it before. There seems to be some great deals there too!

The topic ‘Honeymoon under $2000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors