That is super sweet of you! Here are some ideas that I’ve used or were used at my shower:
1. To decorate the tables all of the people who hosted the shower brought a bottle or two of baby soap, lotion, oil, etc. They were used to weigh down balloons and in the end I had enough baby supplies to last me months.
2. Use a bit of clothes lines / clothes pins and hang some of the baby outfits that are to be gifts. It looks super cute and doesn’t cost anything since they were already planned gifts.
3. The dollar stores usually carry little baby decor trinkets that can be sprinkled accross tables.
4. Baby poop game.. some people may think this one is gross but it’s kind of fun. Melt / smash candy bars in diapers. Pass them around and people have to figure out what they are.
5. There was another candy bar game at my shower that was like a mad lib. It was really cute.
6. One of the easiest games is the clothes pin game. Each person is given 1 or 2 clothes pins. A key word is determined such as nursery, ultrasound.. etc.. Something that probably everyone will say. If they do say it they get a clothes pin stolen. Person with the most clothes pins wins.
7. A lot of people do themed showers. For my sister’s shower we were going to do a scrapbooking theme. Each hostess (there were several of us) scrapbooked one or two pages. Then all of the pages were put together to make a ready to use baby scrapbook for the mommy to fill in as her baby grows.
8. At my shower they passed around little sign in book. Each person wrote their name and then a bit of advice or a well wish for me. Then in the back of the book each my hostess wrote the name of each guest and the gift that they brought. When I went to write thank-yous not only did I have the gift list on hand but their nice words so I could thank them for both at once. And it made writing thank yous a lot more fun.
9. Gift the mommy to be thank you cards. Have each guest fill out an envelope with their address and name. Then use the envelopes to draw a door prize. After you’re finished give the envelopes to the mommy to be. This way she has the envelopes for her thank yous already filled out and ready to go.
10. If you have a friend with a baby have her save her old baby food jars. They can be filled with candy and sat out on the tables as decor / snack/ partry favors. It is common (around here at least) to fill them with pastel mints (after dinner or butter mints) because they are cheap and easy. Pastel m&m’s would also be adorable.
Hope some of these help. Oh.. and I love the decorating the onsie idea listed above. Very cute for a smaller shower!