(Closed) Hotels… Group rate for family and/or B&G room?

posted 10 years ago in Dallas
Post # 3
20 posts
Newbee

I have not had a room block at any of the downtown hotels but I work in the business and know that most hotels will offer a discounted room block rate if you are willing to guarantee 10 or more rooms.  Rates at city hotels tend to be lower on the weekends (b/c they are mostly biz hotels) and during the summer and holidays. 

Typically if you have your reception at a hotel they sometines will offer a free room to the B&G (not always a suite) or they will upgrade your regular room that you are paying for to a suite. 

Here’s a list of hotels you may want to consider: Downtown – Adolphus, Fairmont, Joule and Magnolia.  Uptown/Victory Park – W, Ritz, Crescent, ZaZa.

If have any more questions just ask.  And be sure to pick a hotel that gives great customer service to you!

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2009

The folks at the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau helped me set up a block of rooms for my wedding. I worked with Christina Miller (214-571-1042), and she basically did all the work for me. They will contact all area hotels for you, and the hotels will respond with e-mailed proposals. I got a fantastic rate for 15 rooms at the Park Cities Hilton this way. Christina was great and easy to work with too.

Post # 6
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

We’re using the Park Cities Hilton, too. I like that our guests will be able to walk to a lot of little shops and restaurants from there.

Post # 7
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Dallas is huge. In addition to using the visitors bureau, you can look into these hotels. THey are rated very well on Tripadvisor

1. La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field – 214-414-9000
  2. Omni Dallas Hotel – (214) 744-6664
  3. Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek – (214) 559-2100
  4. The Joule, Dallas – (214) 748-1300
  5. Grand Hyatt DFW – (972) 973-1234
  6. Hotel Palomar Dallas – a Kimpton Hotel (214) 520-7969
  7. Warwick Melrose Hotel – (214) 521-5151
  8. Ritz-Carlton Dallas – (214) 922-0200
  9. The Magnolia Hotel Dallas – (214) 915-6500

There are 2 types of reservations you can make for blocks…

1) you get a group rate and the hotel holds it for you up to 3-4 weeks of your event, while your guests book for that rate… afterward the rate discount is over

2) you get a group rate you have to guarantee 80% of the rooms… meaning if you ask for 10 rooms and only 5 of your guests stay there, you have to pay for the other 3 yourself

Here is a set of articles that you can read to get more information about blocking rooms at a hotel for a wedding: http://grouptravel.org/wedding/frequently-asked-questions-faq-about-blocking-hotel-rooms-for-a-wedding/

As a general rule, you want to book with a hotel that does not charge you for rooms. When booking, ask the hotel for an open or courtesy room block. They will usually put aside ten rooms for you and when those ten are reserved, then they will add another ten rooms to your block.

Good luck!

The topic ‘Hotels… Group rate for family and/or B&G room?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors