(Closed) HOUSTON RECEPTION PLACE! Need one ASAP! Under $2,000

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
1011 posts
Bumble bee

Try some of the country clubs run that belong to the Club Corp franchise.  I think there are a couple around Kingwood . . . some in Katy . . .  Generally, they are attached to golf courses.  You need to ask about each one because each has a separate minimum.  Most won’t charge for cake cutting, although you do have to use their food/beverage and they have a room minimum.  They generally also have florists and bakers they work with.  Menus are flexible.  I think all have standard linens and won’t charge for iPod or piped music.  Try to pick one that is has the closest size room to the number of guests you’ll have.  Since some are less known, they tend to be cheaper.  Some of the names–Deerwood, Willow Creek, The Club at Falcon Point, Hearthstone.

Good luck!

Post # 4
2742 posts
Sugar bee

@iswimibikeirun: I agree with your points. But I know that some of those places are not that near to Spring. At least Falcon Point is in Katy and Heartstone is in Sugarland… I think. And many of them have minimums, I think the cheapest might be about $6k or so for a Sunday. I checked so many of them.

Post # 5
1011 posts
Bumble bee

@bRooklynRocks: Hmmm.  you’ve got a point.  But, we don’t know if she needs the total to be under $2000 or the room.  I can’t remember which club told me there was no room fee and basically the food was pretty reasonable.  And, if you have a sponsor (who is either a club member or Club Corp member), it is cheaper.  I do know that the outlying clubs tend to be less expensive (I used the Downtown Club @ Plaza and their minimum was way higher than the other clubs).

Post # 6
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I haven’t been here before, but the depending on the number of people and if you wanted to do a simple cake and punch reception, this looks like it’s in your range – http://www.eventsetcweddings.com/pearlpackage.html  It says additional $1 per person if you want to add light food. 

Post # 7
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Lake Conroe but I’m not sure of the cost… try Bentwater, Walden, and April sound

The topic ‘HOUSTON RECEPTION PLACE! Need one ASAP! Under $2,000’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors