How Am I Doing so far….108 days to go! PIC HEAVY

posted 2 years ago in Beehive
  • poll: How am I doing?
    You are way ahead of the game! Rock on! : (8 votes)
    80 %
    Do you realize you only have 3 months? Get your act together!!! : (2 votes)
    20 %
  • Post # 3
    813 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

OH wow, I love your dress!!! It is gorgeous!!

I’m a little behind on everything too (my wedding is in ~6 weeks, eek!) but the only thing that really struck me on your list was bridesmaids dresses…it took my bridesmaids dresses 5 months to come in once they ordered them (and we couldn’t order them until all the girls had their measurements in), so that seems a little odd. But, that probably depends on the dress & place you get them from.

I saw your comment about bridesmaids robes – I searched all over for these! Tried ordering a few custom ones off of Etsy but didn’t like the quality/fit of any of them. Eventually, I ended up going with the “Kimono” style robe from Victoria’s Secret. And they are gorgeous! Beautiful color choices – I went with a bright pink – and they’re $50 each which is not that bad considering the ones on etsy ended up coming to $40 with shipping and were much lower quality. Also, VS was running a sale when I bought them for $75 off a purchase of $250 so I got all 5 robes for under $200. Something to think about if you’re still looking for robes!! I highly recommend them!

Post # 5
    64 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I love your dress!

I have 141 days to go, so around 5 months. 

So far this is what I have done:

Venue: Paid In Full

Hair & Makeup (Bride + Wedding Party): Paid In Full

Wedding Dress: Paid In Full

Bridal Party Dresses + Flower Girl Dress: Paid In Full

Wedding Cake: Paid In Full

Vacation Rental: Paid In Full

Officiant: Paid In Full

Florist: Paid In Full

What I Have Left:

Photographer: 50% Paid, Paying the other 50% in 2 weeks

String Quartet: We have a contract and song lists, but we’ve yet to pay them.

Bridal Party Getting-Ready Robes: Contacted Etsy seller and will pay in the next few weeks.

Car Rental

Bridal Accessories (veil, shoes, sash, jewellery)

Groom Tux Rental + Accessories

Those are the major things I can think of. I’m not worried about the things I haven’t done because it wouldn’t make sense to rent a tux right now, or rent a car yet. 

Right now my focus is on finding dinnerware, tablecloth, etc. for the dessert table. I like to get things done early so I don’t have to stress so much about last minute things. I feel like I’m right on target with everything. Who knows though. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors