Post # 1
We’re in the last stretch of wedding planning, what needs to be done? What are you behind or ahead of?
We didn’t get any real planning done until last month and everything kicked into over drive. I’ve got boxes and piles of wedding things all over the house. Finally I’m caught up on the wedding planning. I went over the check lists and the only thing we are behind on is selecting helpers for the day. We know who we just haven’t asked them yet.
Still to do:
Finish making our flower bouquets (about 1/2 way there)
Finish the bouttaniers
Finish the centerpieces
Get the Best Man ring bearer and one groommen sized
Pick up wedding favors (already ordered)
Another fitting for the dress at the end of the month
Design the programs
Print the programs
One more meeting with the pastor
Get the marriage license
Rehearsal dinner invites
Get RSVPs from those who didn’t respond
Make final payments
Make a seating chart
And then the day of. This is going by mi list of what to do.
We’ve already got most of the basics covered, still waiting on a few things I ordered on Ebay but everything is coming along wonderfully!
Are you behind in anything? Ahead of the time?
We’re getting close!!! It’s so exciting! Can’t wait until It’s April!
Post # 3
Oof. Lots to do, and time is running out!
- Finish writing ceremony
- Design programs
- Print programs, centerpiece quotes, and favor labels
- Buy chocolates for favors and assemble packages
- Track down people who haven’t RSVP’d
- Make final payment to caterer and give final head count
- Make final payment to venue and give final head count; make floor plan for reception setup
- Make final payment to photographer and give must-have pic list
- Apply for marriage license
- Finish purchasing officiant and grooms men’s gifts
- Purchase parent gifts (can’t do this until a few days before the wedding)
- Find going away outfit?
Probably lots more little stuff, but this list has worn me out as it is!
Post # 4
Ack! 26 more days for me… less really, since today doesn’t really count anymore.
Still to do:
Receive wedding favors (already ordered – they should be shipping out soon)
Another fitting for the dress on the 16th… I should be able to take the dress home!
Design & print the programs
Get the marriage license (applied online today – need to pick it up still)
Beats RSVPs from those who didn’t respond
Check on my room block for the hotel
Make final payment to venue, give final head count and floor plan.
Make a seating chart
Print out guestbook pages, buy a scrapbook & plastic inserts/protectors for it. And pens.
Print place cards.
Drop off place cards, guest book, favors, etc to the venue so they’ll have them for setup.
I’m sure that there is more, but this is what I could think of off the top of my head!
Post # 5
Gahk, I am so sick of this…
- final dress fitting
- chasing up rsvp’s
- getting back to caterer and linen company with final numbers
- putting together the favour boxes
- DIYing my paper flowers
- DIYing/prettying up our blackboard
- sorting out my make-up and hair (i have started this but still nto completley sure it’s what i want)
- wedding lingerie
and the list goes on, I am so behind…….
Post # 6
– RSVPs (just sent out my invites)
– Planning out ceremony (made an appointment to do that)
– Getting the wedding license
– Get wedding bands when they come in and have them inscribed
– Get wedding favors
– Figure out and get after ceremony thing for people to eave/throw/whatever
– Final payments to reception, florist, limo, cottage for honeymoon, church, etc
– Talk with band again, send announcements and requests
– Talk with photographer about pictures
– Meet with florist, see centerpieces and bouquets
– Make wedding programs
– Book rehearsal dinner
– Get my “something blue” (hoping for light blue undies)
– Second and final dress fitting
– Bridal party gifts
– Bridesmaid jewelry
– My jewelry and shoes
– Shop for honeymoon stuff
Damn that is quite a list!!! 🙁 It’s good to type it out though to remind myself!!!
Post # 7
We don’t have too much left to do..
-Finish DIY flower petal aisle runners
-Order place cards
-Final dress fitting
-Email wedding planner final guest list
Post # 8
Not much left for us either…
final meeting with officiant (doing that this week)
get marriage license (doing that next week)
buy the last of the parents gifts
seating chart/escort cards (guests still have til 4/1 to rsvp)
That’s really all I can think of… not much left.. I almost feel a little sad about that
Post # 9
Lose 5 lbs because I’ve gained 5 lbs since moving in with FH. Other than that my Future Mother-In-Law is doing most of the work so I have not much to do (she wanted the wedding so she’s planning it and paying for it).
Post # 10
It’s been smooth sailing for us. Thanks to my wedding planner a lot of things are handled.I don’t feel like I have that much to do.
My Future Mother-In-Law finished all of our paper stuff and diy projects and she mailed everything and they got here last week.
Finished all most meetings with my vendors. I have one more meeting with florist and my wedding planner to see final setup for tables.
We are still editing our food but that been done through email, and we might have one final meeting with the caterer, because he told us it might be a good idea to come in and finalize everything face to face.
We also have one final meeting with the church in three weeks.
I have my final dress fitting, and taking my dress home finally!
I bought all of the things for oot boxes, and have to run to the store to buy some ribbon and I order stickers off of esty finish them. We already set them up so these are just finishing touches.
I’m on the hunt for bridesmaid shoes still.
I have a few rsvps to hunt down, but most of them are local and I’m not that worried about it. I given them until first week in April then they automatically go down as a no.
Other then that I really have nothing else to do.
Post # 11
16 days to go! I’m proud to say that I’ve done most of the things on the list I posted a week ago!
Now I have about a week of calm before I have to start doing things that can’t be done until just before the wedding! Then the craziness really starts!! So excited!
Post # 12
15 days left to go for me! I picked up my wedding programs & guestbook pages today (I designed them but had a little printing company print them out for me) and also picked up my wedding dress! Yays! Also found a cute 8×8 album to put our guestbook pages in.
Tomorrow, I plan to start working on escort cards!