Post # 1
Aside from not making any decisions without him and asking for his opinion/feedback, he pretty much doesn’t care too much. But I don’t want the entire day to only reflect me. So I’m trying to think of ways to make sure his interests are in there as well. I suggested music that he would like and isn’t girly or mushy:
I got him this tie tack (he plays the drums as a hobby)
What are some things you’re doing to include your FI?
Post # 3
- We are having an outdoor ceremony. He really wanted an outdoor setting.
- He is involved in the menu selection.
- He is involved in the bar selection.
- I choose a color scheme with neutral colors in it so that it wouldn’t be overtly feminine which happens to be my taste as well.
- Our reception is at a contemporary venue which is both of our tastes.
- He will be involved in the music selection for the reception.
I am always puzzled as to why the groom often feels like he has to have a cake or some other item with a sports team on it which has nothing at all to do with getting married and makes it seem like he wants to separate himself from the rest of the wedding and decor.
Post # 4
- Wedding: July 2014 - Barn
Mines won’t be too involved either. He’s huge on hunting so it’ll be a country theme with lots of wood, and im even thinking of getting small metal rifle guns to include with the men’s boutinneres!
Post # 5
He wanted to have a “Light Saber Tron Laser Glow in the Dark” theme wedding…
… so we got a glow bar. Which is actually pretty neat 🙂
and his band will be playing a set, and he’s arranging all of the music.
Post # 6
@Zusie: I don’t get the grooms cakes either! It’s like men and their man caves. I don’t get those either.
Post # 7
I’m serving a lot of cheese and booze.
Post # 8
Is this enough? Lol Anything else and it would be the Chinese comic wedding from hell!
- Our wedding colors are my favorite (lilac), his favorite (green) and two others to complete the look.
- He loves chocolate, so that’s our cake flavor.
- He’s having Dragon Ball Z cufflinks.
- I’m doing a DIY cake topper to represent us.
- The recessional song is from his favorite movie.
Post # 9
@MrsLulu: Haha! Where’e the like button?
Post # 10
We are having fireworks at our Destination Wedding for the fiance!
I am also surprising him – I am having a custom garter made in his footy team colours & logo! He will love it! 🙂
Post # 11
I’m wearing a white dress.
I’m walking down the aisle to Radiohead (although this is for both of us 😉 )
We’re having an actual wedding cake and not a dessert bar.
He made our card and ring boxes himself because he loves building things
Our table numbers are numbers that are special to us, not just regular numbers
We’re hosting an open bar for the rehearsal dinner (our treat) and the wedding itself
He chose our first dance song out of a list of 5 I gave him
There isn’t a spot of pink anywhere in our wedding (our choice)
Our invitations were semi formal but hilarious (both of us)
His wedding presents from me were a kegerator and I also got him a boudoir book
I got him a surprise Radiohead groom’s cake
Post # 12
Well I’ll be at my wedding, so I’m incorporating my presence into his day.
But seriously, Fiance doesn’t care about the wedding at all. We’re having whiskey for him. That’s it. He would be happy getting married at City Hall.
Post # 13
@iheartsquishy: THANK YOU. my fiance and i discuss this all the time. it’s really belittling that grooms get painted as these big oafy “i dont care, as long as there is beer” types. our wedding isn’t going to be all about me OR him. it just is what it is. my fiance has been more than happy to be equals in almost everything wedding related
Post # 14
@MrsLulu: thanks for incorporating me too!!
Post # 15
My Fiance has actually been pretty pro-active in the wedding planning. These are things that he has done/or will do for the wedding:
- Fiance is picking out his and the GMs tuxedos for the wedding.
- He’s selecting the design and making the wedding invitations, with help from my sisters and Maid/Matron of Honor.
- He very vocal of the reception menu and cake flavors.
- He is designing and drawing our thumbprint tree.
- He also picked out the DJ and the videographer.
Post # 16
Well, I’m already married but I’ll still play…
- Probably the biggest piece of DH’s personality came into play with our table numbers. He loves Super Mario so I made table numbers with all of the different characters…
- Beyond that, we had a canoli cake which is one of DH’s favorites. He was ADAMENT about this aspect so finding a bakery to make canoli filling in a wedding cake was a challenge. A lot of them won’t even consider it since canoli is a lot heavier and more difficult to work with than traditional fillings but it turned out fantastic.
- We served Sam Adams Octoberfest as one of our beers. Not only did it fit with the fall theme but it’s also one of DH’s all time favorites. Most of the guys seemed to really enjoy that.
- Other than that stuff, the only other thing that was oober Darling Husband was my gift to him. He’s an iPhone/iPad developer so I got him iPhone cufflinks…