Post # 1
So I got engaged on August of last year, with a wedding late August this year!!! I am trying to get a feel of how behind or not behind I am on planning (and if I am missing things!!!)
So far we have:
– Reception Venue (includes food, we already did the tasting just have to choose and it will be seated so people get to choose diff meats)
– Ceremony venue (need chairs and Arch and decor)
– DJ (for both ceremony and reception)
– Photographer (already did engagement pics w her too!)
What is left:
– Dress (going shopping tomorrow, hope to find one before mid February!)
– Bridesmaids dresses (have color in mind)
– Groom and Groomsmen attire (NO IDEA HOW TO MATCH IT!)
– centerpieces and decor for ceremony (ideas but nothing bought yet!)
– Invitations (we’ve mostly done in person but also want to send the actual invites)
– Registry (we are only doing travelers joy but have to finalize before sharing with guests)
– Make up and hair my sister will do for me!
– Honeymoon!! (we just got our passports and want Paris but never traveled far so we are clueless on where to start! *cries*)
NOT SURE WHAT ELSE!!!!
My parents never married so they don’t really “know” details of what I should be doing or not doing, mostly just big things!
Feeling like we have gotten big stuff down but yet feel like I am BEHIND SOMEHOW!!!
Post # 2
Are you using any planning apps? I’ve found the checklist on the Knot super helpful to keep me on track for my September wedding!
I’m in a similar place as you – except I have my dress and a “vision” for everything else and will just have to figure out how to execute it and then purchase it. I don’t want to rush into too much as far as decorations yet because it is still early.
As far as planning a honeymoon to Paris, I have zero advice other than maybe find a travel agent that can help? I’ve personally never used one but I have friends and family that swear by travel agents!
Post # 3
I got married in August 2016. I would say I was just about where you were in January 2016. I did order my dress on January 1. I think you are right on track! But I would start dress shopping ASAP as some can take quite awhile to come in so the longer you wait the more limited your choices will be.
We did groomsmen attire 1.5ish months out.
My bridesmaids all picked thier own dresses so I didn’t worry about that.
Invites won’t need to go out until 8 weeks at the soonest so you still have plenty of time.
Flowers and cake aren’t time consuming once you’ve picked your vendors.
You have lots of time! Don’t worry 🙂
Post # 4
You’re not behind on anything on your list except your dress. Get on that. The next priority is bridesmaid dress decisions so that you give them time to plan. And then booking any remaining vendors. But a lot of stuff on this list can wait or will take like 5 minutes to do.
Travelling abroad doesn’t actually take that much lead time if it’s somewhere easy like Paris. And there’s like a bazillion guides to Paris. You can plan your trip in like a Saturday afternoon.