How behind am I? August 2018

posted 1 month ago in August 2018
Post # 2
177 posts
Blushing bee

Are you using any planning apps? I’ve found the checklist on the Knot super helpful to keep me on track for my September wedding! 

I’m in a similar place as you – except I have my dress and a “vision” for everything else and will just have to figure out how to execute it and then purchase it. I don’t want to rush into too much as far as decorations yet because it is still early. 

As far as planning a honeymoon to Paris, I have zero advice other than maybe find a travel agent that can help? I’ve personally never used one but I have friends and family that swear by travel agents! 

Post # 3
7911 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2016

I got married in August 2016. I would say I was just about where you were in January 2016. I did order my dress on January 1. I think you are right on track! But I would start dress shopping ASAP as some can take quite awhile to come in so the longer you wait the more limited your choices will be.

We did groomsmen attire 1.5ish months out.

My bridesmaids all picked thier own dresses so I didn’t worry about that.

Invites won’t need to go out until 8 weeks at the soonest so you still have plenty of time.

Flowers and cake aren’t time consuming once you’ve picked your vendors.

You have lots of time! Don’t worry 🙂

Post # 4
77 posts
Worker bee

You’re not behind on anything on your list except your dress. Get on that.  The next priority is bridesmaid dress decisions so that you give them time to plan. And then booking any remaining vendors. But a lot of stuff on this list can wait or will take like 5 minutes to do. 

Travelling abroad doesn’t actually take that much lead time if it’s somewhere easy like Paris. And there’s like a bazillion guides to Paris. You can plan your trip in like a Saturday afternoon. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors