(Closed) How big is a 400 sq. foot dance floor? U – shaped …. is that big or small?

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Hmm I’d wait until you get the complete floor plan cause its all relative. I could tell you that 400 sq feet is probably the size of our living room/dining room area but that wouldn’t be much help would it?

Post # 4
1045 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2008

How many guests are at your wedding?  How many do you think will be dancing at the same time?  A couple of sites I saw said to "budget" for enough space for one-third of your guests to be dancing at any one time.  Most of the sites said that a 20×20 floor (400 sq feet) would be enough for about 100 guests to dance at once.  If your 400 sq feet includes the area for the curved stage (is this where your band/dj is setting up, so will not be free for dancing?), then the usable dance space would be a bit smaller than 20 feet by 20 feet.

I definitely prefer a packed dance floor over one that has too much empty space, though.  I think it encourages dancing and looks much more fun.

Post # 5
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

well my apt is about 500 sq feet so 400 seems big to me! haha. but i think that that is a pretty standard size for weddings, of course depending on # of guests.

The topic ‘How big is a 400 sq. foot dance floor? U – shaped …. is that big or small?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors