How did we end up with 429 people?

posted 3 years ago in Guests
Post # 2
764 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

GEES! I am confused how you were able to buy the invites without knowing how many people you were inviting.

Post # 3
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We have a lot of family as well and our guest list was around 400 to start but got it down to 350ish. Really 400 is pretty standard in my area so it doesn’t surprise me at all! I loooove big weddings they are so much fun! 

Post # 3
60 posts
Worker bee

Yikes!  Cross your fingers and hope will get lots of “Will not attend”s…… but plan for the worst (well, money-wise). 

Post # 5
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

ForeverAndEverAfter:  if 150 people are friends that means you guys have over like 280 family members between you. That is huge!! Did the 150 not include their partners? 

Post # 6
8708 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I don’t even think I’ve known 400 people in my entire life.

Post # 7
42546 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

You aren”t seriously trying to tell us that you didn’t:

• know the number of invitations you ordered?
  • know the number of invitations you addressed?
  • know the number of stamps you purchased?

Post # 7
876 posts
Busy bee

You had to have ordered and paid for at least 429 invites so how did you not know how many you were sending out?? 

Post # 9
3016 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - Prague

I am also very confused. I don’t see how you could take 400+ invites to the post office and not notice that you were holding them.

Post # 11
Hostess
2787 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

ForeverAndEverAfter:  So how did your prents get ore invites then you and your husband to your wedding? i am more confused about that.

Post # 12
2111 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I’m more concerned about the venue. You chose and paid for a venue without realizing you’d have over 400 guests? What about catering? How could you work those out without having a count of people? Will you be able to accomodate everyone?

Post # 13
1180 posts
Bumble bee

julies1949:  +1

Im confused on how the OP didn’t know how many invitations they were ordering.

Post # 14
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Did you not think about your initial guests coming with a partner and/or family? Add  me to the list of the confused. If I were in your situation, I would be crossing my fingers that half of your list was unable to attend. Good luck! Maybe write your entire list down now, though, so that you are correctly planning from here on out.

Post # 15
3016 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - Prague

NuggetJones:  But there is no list… otherwise, she would have known the numbers. Unless I’ve misunderstood.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors