How did you bustle your Allure 9051???

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I don’t have a lace dress. But I am sure your alterations person will show you options and suggests what will work best with the dress. It’sgorgeous btw! They do this all day long. 

Post # 5
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I found this one.. I don’t think it is exactly like your gown but this may give you an idea. 

Post # 5
24 posts
  • Wedding: June 2014

I also have the allure 9051 and when I went in for my first fitting my seamstress pinned it to look like the bustle similar to the one that srich17 posted but the way my seamstress pinned it made it look more like the dress didn’t even have a train if that makes sense. In other words, it looked like a dress that wasn’t obviously bustled. She was able to keep the mermaid shape. It was about a 5-7 point bustle (don’t remember exactly the number). I absolutely loved the way she bustled it. I wish I had a picture to show you! I don’t have my second fitting till end of May. A good seamstress will know what to do with your dress! I hope my description helps somehow. 

Post # 6
26 posts

Hi Ladies,

This is my dress too! I purchased it in the ivory/silver/gold and I’m absolutely in love with it. It’s stunning. I have a question though–have any of you gotten your alterations done yet?? I ordered it in a size 10 and it’s too big so not only does it need to be taken in, but when I went to th seamstress last night I was a bit in shock of the work that needed to be done:

-Take in side train (for bussle to look better) $125

-Take in courset $65

-Inside bussle $50

-Inside bussle on lace $150

-Hem on the sides $75

-Lace work and bead work to hem lace and hem beads at the top of the dress $35/hour (hand work)

So essentially, I’m looking at over $600. Does this sound right to you girls who’ve gotten this done? I’d love some direction on what you did for alterations although I know it differs girl to girl. My biggest conern is her need to take in the sides of the train a bit. Did you ladies do this? I don’t want the bussle to look awkward, but I also don’t want to ruin the gorgeous train.

Please help!

Post # 7
1 posts
  • Wedding: June 2015

@Soon2BeMrsS, @zelia21, @jro87

I am hoping y’all can help me! I would gratefully appreciate if all of you would please post or send me a picture of y’alls Allure 9051 bustled… a back view of your dress from your reception would be ideal and possibly a side view. Thank you in advance 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors