Post # 1
My sister and I live together and last week we found out my 12 month old niece is allergic to peanuts. Her pediatrician stated she could now try natural peanut butter. She instantly broke out into hives all over her body and started pulling on her tongue. The reaction slowed down after giving her Benadryl and she was on her way to the ER where she was monitored and prescribed an epipen. It was definitely unexpected and frightening.
For Bees with an allergy, or parents of a child with an allergy, how did you find out?
And, what is life like now? What kinds of challenges have you encountered and what would your advice be?
Thanks for any input!
Post # 3
My friend’s child is allergic to just about 75% of the things on the planet. Peanuts, dust, dogs, wheat, milk, chicken, you name it! They found out pretty early when trying to give him foods as a baby and he developed hives. After seeing that multiple things caused reactions he was given the full scope of allergy tests. Poor kid 🙁 They wound up having to feed him this weird corn mush stuff for like a year because it was one of the only things that wouldn’t put him in the hospital. He can now have like 2 different meals (ham, peas, corn, and applesauce or gluten free cereal with soy milk I think). It’s been really difficult for them. Hopefully your niece only has one allergy and hopefully it is not too severe! (I know some people cannot even be around peanut dust, but some can just not EAT the peanuts). Good luck!