(Closed) How do you keep the peace between another bridesmaid & the bride?

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
2705 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Eeeek!  What a terrible position to be in.  Honestly, I think the bride is way out of line.  BMs only need to show up for the wedding.  Throwing and attending pre-wedding parties are extra bonuses.  I don’t really know the best way to handle the situation though.  I know it’s not always good to meddle in other people’s relationships, but sometimes you just need to stick up for the other person.  Perhaps having a heart-to-heart talk with the bride about her behavior?  Explain to her that she’s not treating her Bridesmaid or Best Man very well and needs to be more understanding.  It’s not that the Bridesmaid or Best Man doesn’t love her, it’s just she has a life outside of the bride’s wedding.  Good luck and I’m sorry I couldn’t be more help.

Post # 4
705 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

She’s your friend, you should be able to talk to her about this stuff.  Just sit her down and say “Jane, I know you’re frustrated with Sally not being able to make it to everything before the wedding but you know that she lives out of town.  What is she supposed to do, skip her aunt’s wedding to go to your bachelorette party?  Her life is not supposed to revolve around your wedding, cut her some slack.”

The topic ‘How do you keep the peace between another bridesmaid & the bride?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors