- 7 years ago
- Wedding: August 2012
My Fiance is very good with graphic design so I came up with the movie poster idea but he & I worked our magic and I loved loved loved the result!!
Here’s the inspiration (for those who haven’t seen this movie and loved watching Hangover, run (don’t walk) to the nearest theatre! (found picture herehttp://collider.com/bridesmaids-movie-clips/88291/):
Here’s the first card I showed my girls:
Followed by a pamphlet filled with information:
The pamphlet included:
1. Will you be my chiffon dress wearing, sanity keeping, crazy cackling, ghetto dancing, patron drinking, truth telling, teeth checking, wedding dress bustling bridesmaid?
2. A personal letter to each girl
3. The 411- this had information on the wedding date, church rehearsal, the dinner, etc.
4. The Look- this had information on the dress style, my color scheme, makeup, hair, shoes
5. Before the boy, I always had my girls- this had all the bridesmaid contact information
6. I pinky swear- this had 10 bullet promise not to be a bridezilla! haha
- …to always remember that you are my bridesmaid NOT my servant. <3
- …to not make you wear an ugly, unflattering, repulsive looking dress. (At least, not more than once.)
- …to remember that I get a wedding DAY and not a wedding year. (Maybe a wedding week or month tops!!)
- …that you will not have to attend a party in my honor that includes naked men and grotesque genitalia. (We aren’t penis party people.)
- …to not be THAT girl at the bachelorette party. (I will party like a big girl, I promise.)
- …to not throw a two year old temper tantrum if things don’t go my way. (No foot stomping, screaming, becoming dead weight on the floor. Nope not me!)
- …that I will keep in mind the true importance behind this day, that I get to marry my best friend. (So if the cake falls over, the flowers are wilted, or if someone else wears white to my wedding….please remind me of this.)
- …that if someone at my wedding acts a fool, you have my complete permission to attack by any means you see fit.
- ….to make the wedding as stress free and fun as I can for you. (Goal is to make it a drunken, fantastic, dance crazed, food filled, mother freakin blast!!)
- … to always remember why I chose you to stand beside me on my big day because without YOU my life would be incomplete.
I worked hard on it but it was worth it in the end, they all said yes and felt good/special that I spent so much time on it!!
Can I just tell you how much fun planning is, the paying part isn’t as fun but we will make it work! haha
Let me know what you think!!