(Closed) How I kept my per head cost to $40 each (105 guests)

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 3
1043 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

You did an awesome job, congrats on your marriage!  And thank you for sharing… it’s great to learn about tips to save money.  

Post # 4
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour

wow thats awesome, good planning!

Post # 5
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

That sounds like a great idea! I’ve considered doing the less-formal BBQ route since, well, I’m a Georgia peach and all Wink but even then it can get pricey and my mister isn’t thrilled about the BBQ idea I think. Maybe we will have to consider doing an appitizers&desserts kinda shinding when the day comes!

Post # 6
2693 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Sounds like it was a hit.  I too am baffled why it cost so much to feed people but it does, so I deal with it.  I was able to get such a steal I am still pinching myself.  I can actually afford to feed my 150 guests a full meal and I am so happy about that.

Post # 7
2398 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

That is awesome, when do we get to see the pictures. 🙂 

Post # 10
2398 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@mtnhoney:  Yes I understand, it takes time but I am glad you had a such a nice wedding. My wedding planning was very similar to yours. I also managed to keep my prices per person down and have a wonderful wedding, I am a witness that it can be done. 🙂 

Post # 11
3402 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Good job! I have no hope of feeding people on our tight budget, so we will probably be doing a dessert only reception, and we will have to find someway to get alcohol, because where we are from a dry wedding is pretty much the let down of a century (cash bars are pretty much expected).

Post # 12
3078 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Heck yeah!  I’m all about creative solutions to stupidly over-priced food and drinks!  Our venue let us bring in our caterer and alcohol so we are able to do it cheap too!

The topic ‘How I kept my per head cost to $40 each (105 guests)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors