Post # 1
I found a venue I REALLY like. Honestly, nothing else compares in my area and it comes with things like parking. Unfortunately they limit your catering options to two local businesses in the area. The first one, unfortunately, has blown me off thus far. The second, I managed to get an appointment with.
I was excited about this caterer because it is a chef-driven company that I feel like could handle our somewhat outlandish demands (very fancy food that most brides wouldn’t pick). Admittedly, I threw her a curveball. There are a few appetizers we have in mind that require some outsourcing to get, however, we also gave her potential suppliers for those items.
She excitedly told me she would shoot me an email or even take me and FI to go tour other venues. She told me she would give me a phone call in less than a week so we could go over the catering proposal.
I waited two weeks. No phone call from her and no email.
I shot her an email, and extremely nice one to say I wanted to check in with how the proposal was going. She replied back with a sorry and that she would contact me that week with the proposal.
Now I’ve waited two more weeks on top of that, and STILL nothing from her.
I NEED the proposal (there is an estimate of costs in there) in order to decide whether or not we can afford to have our wedding there.
So what should I do? Send her another voice mail or email or should I move on?
Post # 2
- Wedding: September 2015 - Contemporary Art Center of Peoria
If you really like them, try again. I would. Be a little firmer, let her know you need numbers so you can make a final decision. How long until your wedding?
Sure, she’s being a little unprofessional by not responding by her own deadlines. But it’s still wedding season. Do you know if she has another job, is this wedding catering an on-the-side thing?
Just things to keep in mind. 🙂
Post # 3
Jenny905: that’s a long time to wait, BUT if you’re requesting things that take some extra effort I’d cut her a little slack. I was having issues with my caterer not keeping me in the loop when things too a while and I sent him an email asking to keep me informed – if things are taking a while just let me know. I get that shit happens, just keep me in the loop and then I won’t go crazy.
If you’re really set on this venue you might not have a choice but to deal with them. IS there any way the venue will consider other caterers? I’d tell them that you’re having a poor experience. I know after I booked my wedding, our venue added 3 additional caterers which was amazing news as I wasn’t in love with the original 3.
Post # 4
MsGinkgo: they charge 30% of the outside caterers fee plus $15 per head and they still force you to pay labor charges to their preferred caterers because they require them to be serving your outside caterer’s food.
Not a route I want to take.