(Closed) How many cupcakes for 225 people?

posted 7 years ago in Food
Post # 3
2589 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I would say one cupcake per person…I don’t know anyone who’d eat more than one!

Post # 4
1465 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

2 per person to be safe. Some won’t touch any and some will eat extras. It’s always better to have too much of something (and most people do have extra cake for their guests) than to run out.

Post # 5
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@Selene221: I agree, two per person.  If you don’t want to take them home later, I’m sure your ring bearer will be more than happy to help!

Post # 6
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I would go with about 30% more cupcakes. I think that everyone will hopefully eat one (suggest that you allow people to get their own) and then some people who see extra and want more and have more.

Depending on the size of them, that can help you determine that. I’ve had some hearty cupcakes that I couldn’t see eating more than one!

Post # 8
1328 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

300 sounds good.  That’s 33% more =)

Post # 9
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

300 sounds perfect if they are full sized cupcakes.

If you do 2 per person, plan on taking a lot of cupcakes with you on the honeymoon lol (or providing little boxes so people can take some home with them)

Good luck!

Post # 10
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

We are doing cupcake sized cheesecakes and it was recommended that we do about 1.5 per person since some people will eat more than one and some won’t eat any. So for our 225 guest list we are doing about 330 cheesecakes.

Post # 12
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Do mini-cupcakes….the full sized ones are WAY too big, and most people won’t finish them all. I’m budgeting 2 minis per person. It’s more work to frost them (I don’t know if you’re doing them yourself…), but you end up making less batter, it takes less time to bake, and I think they look pretty cute too!

The topic ‘How many cupcakes for 225 people?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors