Post # 1
So I’m taking up a second job on weekends to save some extra cash for my dream honeymoon.
I’ll be able to take 8 days off from my weekend job (4 whole weekends) and 11 weekdays off from my 9-5 from now until August next year. Starting the beginning of September (I’m getting married on the 21st) I’ll have all my weekends back.
So it’s got me thinking – what will I need to take days off for?
There is a wedding fair on one Sunday in February that I would like to go to and as my mum will be visiting that weekend I might as well do the cake tasting the day before.
I also need 2 days to go look at dresses (weekdays), a day to taste food, a weekend to get Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses (they all live far apart!), a dress fitting..
What else am I obviously forgetting??
EDIT: OMG my Hen Party!! how did I forget that?!
Post # 3
I think that’s something you’ll have to determine for yourself. No one knows you as well as you do.
Post # 5
- Wedding: November 2012 - Oak Tree Manor
Agreed, that totally depends on you. But here are all of the wedding-related things Mr. W and I have had to do in-person (as opposed to via email/phone):
- Venue search. Have you booked a venue? That took several Saturdays.
- Rehearsal dinner search. We wanted to taste the menus at several different restaurants before we picked one. This isn’t something you have to do on a weekend during the daytime, though.
- Tasting for the reception.
- Tasting for the rehearsal dinner. (I don’t think this is too common, but the restaurant we booked offered us a free tasting so we couldn’t turn it down!)
- In-person meeting with florist. (Did this on a work night – my florist, and I assume most florists, are busy with weddings on the weekend and prefer to have consultations during the week.)
- Cake tasting.
- In-person meeting with day-of coordinator.
- Bridal shower.
- Bachelorette party.
- The rehearsal itself. I’m taking off the day before the wedding to get things ready, and the rehearsal is in the afternoon when I would normally be at work.
I hope that helps!!