(Closed) How many DPO can you see BFPs?

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
Member
4356 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’ve heard of people getting them as early as 7-8 DPO. I didn’t test until 10 DPO and it was pretty dark considering, makes me wonder how much earlier it would have showed.

How many DPO are you? 

Post # 4
Member
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I was 9dpo.

Post # 5
Member
1652 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I saw my first faintest line at 7dpo.

Post # 6
Member
2450 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

to decrease your chances of heartbreak, i’d say wait until at least 10 dpo. too many negatives (real or false) are a bummer.

Post # 7
Member
170 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

At 10 DPO it was negitive, 12 DPO it was a positive.  I wish I had tested on DPO 11!

Post # 9
Member
268 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@ANewMrs:  If you are pregnant, at 7 DPO you have about a 20% chance of seeing a BFP.  By 9 DPO you’ve got a 50/50 chance.  At 11 DPO you’re almost to a 80% chance.  This is based on the info at this link: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/results-by-day-past-ovulation.php

There’s no harm in testing early as long as you don’t mind the risk of seeing BFNs.  Good luck!  I know it’s so hard to wait to test.

Post # 10
Member
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I have very short cycles so I was surprised that didn’t get my bfp earlier. It didn’t show up until 14 DPO, the day AF was due.

Post # 11
Member
1557 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’ve read that 10-12 dpo would be the best bet. As other PP’s have said though, it’s possible to get one sooner!

Post # 12
Member
5148 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I had negs at 10 & 11 DPO, then got pos at 12 DPO. (And no symptoms.)

Post # 13
Member
40 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I got mine at 10DPO!

Post # 14
Member
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I try to hold out till 11 dpo.  You might get a line at 9, but if you want to avoid false negatives I’d hold out.

Post # 15
Member
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I got mine at 11 dpo with a FRER. I tested later in the day with a digital and it was negative. I tested again with a digital the next day and it was positive.

Post # 16
Member
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I was 9dpo. Very faint though.

The topic ‘How many DPO can you see BFPs?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors