(Closed) how many guests to a co-ed wedding shower? 100 wedding guests???

posted 4 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 4
5757 posts
Bee Keeper

Shower guests should be the immediate family members along with the bridal party, as well as close friends and family. If you’re doing it as a couples shower, the amount may (or may not) double. I tried that, and none of the males were interested in attending it, so that idea went down the drain.

Most showers in our family are between 30-35 total, and I believe showers should be kept to small and more intimate affairs.

http://www.emilypost.com/weddings/new-times-new-traditions/129-who-can-host-a-shower

Post # 5
1823 posts
Buzzing bee

The number of guests is really up to the hosts of the shower, not the bride or groom.  It is their wallet and budget that drives the guest list size.  100 is crazy.  As pp said, it should be  those closest to the couple.

Post # 6
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Ours was about 30 people – close family, close friends. Some guys came, but mostly the ones who were close friends of my FI.

Post # 7
1671 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Church

@AndysCraftsNmore:  100? That’s huge! It is usually much smaller. I also would leave it up to the person hosting as the bride/groom are not to plan their own (the most you should do is send off the wedding guest list so they know who is invited and do not accidentally invite someone who has not been invited).

The topic ‘how many guests to a co-ed wedding shower? 100 wedding guests???’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors