Post # 1
What and where are they?
I have two. One that is a whopping 12 years old! I got it on my right arm, and it is a sun and a moon connected like yin, and yang. My other one is close to my pubic bone, and it is in a place where pretty much all panties cover. It is a yin yang symbol. On the yin side, I have my horoscope sigh. On the yang side, I have a blank space, and I left in blank for my future husband’s sign. I got it three years ago, and I was with my now Fiance, and I almost got his sign, but at the last minute I pulled out because I was pretty sure about our future, but not completely sure. It looks like I could have gotten it b/c in 10 months, he will be my husband. Before we get married, I will probably surprise him with it 🙂
What about you bees?
Post # 3
1) an indian motif paisley armband
2) a bar of music from a beethoven string quartet on my left wrist
3) a line, in german, quoted from beethoven by czech writer milan kundera on my right wrist
Post # 4
I have 4:
1) An ouroboros on my upper back between my shoulder blades.
2) My zodiac sign (Aries, a ram) on the back of my neck.
3) CELLAR DOOR in Olde English script on my inner left wrist.
4) A Katrina memorial tattoo on my left shoulder–a Fleur de Lis with NOLA and 8-29 written around it. My father has a matching one on his arm.
Post # 6
2! but i want to get another one
one is on my ankle – its a palm tree that i found on a sugar packet when i was younger, i always said if i get a tattoo thats what it will be – when i turned 18 my sister was like lets go! so i ran upstairs and found my little palm tree and had it put on me permanantly.
a few years later i got my second. it is on my back in between my shoulder blades – i got it with my brother right before he went to iraq for the first time. its 3 little boxes one has flowers in it one has swirls and the other has stars. It was a rubber stamp my mom had at home that i thought was pretty.
haha neither of them have any particular meaning, i just liked the way they looked. totheislnds/palm tree – ehh i really think i was made to live on an island somewhere.
Post # 7
I have four right now.
I have a row of purple stars on my ankle. I’m not a huge fan of it anymore so I’m thinking I’m going to get it covered with a swan.
I have two on my hip. One is a lily and one is the word “amor”.
I have one on my lower back that is a shamrock made out of celtic looking hearts.
Besides the swan, I know I want one with my brother. We already decided on what it will be but we have to wait. We’re each going to get half of a heart and the middle will be so that the two would form one heart puzzle if pieced together.
Post # 8
Just one! It’s 2 spirals that intertwine into one spiral, making a circle. It’s on my right lower back (back of my pelvis). I want to get a lotus on my foot, but I think i’m going to wait until after the wedding.
Post # 9
I have a phoenix above my right ankle and a a seven pointed star with planetary symbols and the Latin quote “Per aspera ad astra” (Through adversity to the stars) between my shoulder blades. Considering getting a triquetra on my foot.
Post # 10
I have two. One is a pink rose in between my shoulder blades. The 2nd one is a celtic heart on the inside of my left ankle
Post # 11
I have 2, as of right now 😉
- A lily & star design on my right hip/side
- A hibiscus on my right foot with a latin saying that means “Always Sisters, Forever Friends.” I got that one done with my sister, and she has the same thing on her left foot.
Post # 12
I feel it’s kind of unfair at this point in my tattooing to count them by tattoos; the 4 leaf clover I got with an Irish Car bomb on st. paddy’s day in college took me 20 minutes (that i don’t remember) and my backpiece added up to like 5 hours when it was done…sooo…I guess I have…10…but about 25 hours worth of tattoos is how I look at it =)
Post # 13
I have 6 soon to be 7.
1. I have a side of a butterfly on my hip that looks like its flying..
2. A lotus on my rib
3. A stupid moon/star thing on my ankle that I got when I was 17.
4. Another stupid one on my lower back.ughh
5. I have flowers on one foot and my mother has the same one 🙂 Love that one!
6. I have a huge one of cherry blossoms blowing in the wind on my left lower side
And I will be getting another one this month on my other foot.. Butterflies are meaningful to my mother and I because they were everywhere when my dad was in hospice. My father has a memorial stone in a butterfly garden so I love them. I want to get two butterflies flying togther and in the body of one rather than the actual body it will be a Periwinkle Stomach Cancer Ribbon ( for my dad ) and then another one with a Pink Breast Cancer ribbon ( for my mother ).
Post # 14
I have 3 and I hate them all. I got them when I was 18 after a particularly traumatic experience. My then-self thought that the spontaneous decision to get these tatoos would help me keep my mind off of what happened. That was 11 years ago. Now, they just remind me of it every day. Luckily I can’t see the ones on my back.
1) Salamander walking on music notes on my ankle (Sister and I used to try and catch them as kids– was to remind me of our innocence as children)
2) Butterfly on my shoulder blade (Represented my desire to fly away from the problem)
3) A symbol on my lower back representing my name.
Post # 15
I have one of my fiance’s name on my right lower hip bone.
Post # 16
I only have 1 right now 3 hearts and swirly lines on my right foot but i will have 3 or 4 before the wedding. I am getting Love written on the top of the inside of my arm (my my armpit) A humming bird with 2 flowers on my sholder. And MAYBE a star on the back of my neck (My little sister alredy has it and me and my older sister need to still get ours)