How Many women will get Engaged on Christmas 2013

posted 3 years ago in Proposals
Post # 3
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2014

My brother and his long time GF got engaged this morning! (I’m in New Zealand so Christmas Day is almost over for us!)

They have been together for 10 years so it’s very, very exciting!

However, was pretty upsetting seeing my mother’s reaction. She burst into tears (happy tears) and went on and on about how great the news was etc etc. When I got engaged all I got was “oh I knew something was up” and that was it 🙁

Anyway, super happy for my brother and future sis in law.

Post # 4
370 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

I know at least three people who got engaged this past week alone. My SO is being suspicious about a New Years outing, but I dunno. Add 3 to the list at least! And it’s not even Christmas yet here!

Post # 5
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I don’t consider myself “close” to a great number of Bees on the Waiting Boards… but I do follow the somewhat

I’m going to guess in total between US Thanksgiving & New Years we’ll somewhere around 25 to 35 Bees get Engaged (there a TON of Bees Waiting this year)

And probably another 10 to 20 between January 1st and Valentines.

This is going to be a very busy “Engagement Season”

Post # 6
3394 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I had a Christmas proposal, on Christmas Eve last year (well, technically Christmas Day – I think it was past midnight). FI, me and the cat under the twinkling lights of the tree. Not very glamorous – I was in my pyjamas – but such a warm and happy memory.

Post # 8
2687 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Ketchum, ID

@Bjones107:  five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred women. probably. 

Post # 9
3016 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - Prague

I’m pretty sure I’ve counted at least 6 here on WB so far, and it’s still early!

Post # 10
2394 posts
Buzzing bee

My birthday is right before Thanksgiving, and DH formally proposed when the clock struck midnight on my birthday, so I kind of, sort of, count it as a holiday proposal in the sense that I was newly engaged during the holiday season. I have very happy memories of that time. 

Regardless of whether you get your proposal on a holiday or any other time of the year, I think the first time you experience the holidays while engaged, it’s just extra special. Looking down at that sparkly gorgeousness on your finger and knowing that the man of your dreams is committing to you, just makes the whole season brighter, more exciting and romantic, I think. 

I remember too that I got an extra kick out of watching all of those cheesy diamond jewelry commercials on TV, too. Finally, FINALLY it was my turn! LOL …. instead of being annoyed by them, I just smiled and smiled and smiled!

Post # 12
4540 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Royalton White Sands

Just on my FB friends list (347 people), 3 people got engaged on Christmas Eve and one more the week before. 

Post # 13
1157 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I had a Christmas Eve proposal last year (not on purpose, that’s just when the ring came!) and I have seen 4 on my Facebook news feed so far!

Post # 14
6525 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Bjones107:  a friend of mine got engaged Christmas Eve

Post # 15
1441 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@mrspinesol:  Ha, perfect response.  I mean, a lot, right?  Because it’s a cliche, the Christmas proposal, one that keeps on keeping on….

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors