(Closed) How much are you willing to spend on wedding Photography & Videography?

posted 7 years ago in Los Angeles
Post # 4
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

No suggestions for you… I’m on the other coast… But I just wanted to let you know that I have the same exact budget for photog/videog. I know it’s a lot, but at the end of the day all you are really left with are photos and the video, so it was very important to me.

Post # 5
1306 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

5-6k  we are thinking.  I hope we can do both for 5k.

Post # 6
4415 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

We spent $750, and we’re absolutely thrilled with our pictures and video. 

When we finally set our date, I went online and looked for photographers in Savannah. I found six of them whose work I really liked, so I wrote to each of them to see if they were available on the day we were getting married and what their terms were.  We chose our photographer not only based on priced, but also on personality, which I think is probably most important.  As I said, I only wrote to photographers whose work we liked, so that wasn’t a criteria we had to be concerned with.

You probably won’t watch the video very often, but it is the only way to remember all the little details of the ceremony.  My husband and I have agreed we’re going to make a tradition of watching our video together on every anniversary.

Post # 7
1115 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

We spent $1500 on just photography. We were hoping to spend less than that because we had a tight budget. I wish we could have spent $5k.

Our photographers were amazing. I highly recommend them. A close friend of mine also hired them and their pictures turned out beautifully too.

http://patrickchaiphotography.com/

Post # 8
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

My initial budget for photography was $3000 but we ended up spending $3200 and we’re very excited about the photographers we booked.  but it was a very hard search.  Everyone I liked was over $4000.  

Not sure yet what our budget for videography will be.  I agree with your FI that after the initial viewing of the video I don’t think anyone will ever go back and watch it so it’s not that important to us.  

Post # 11
2058 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We passed on the Videographer so we had more $$ to put towards our Photographer.  We are really happy with our decision and our pictures are worth every penny we spent.

Sorry I don’t have any vendor suggestions, I’m north a couple state Undecided

Post # 12
1115 posts
Bumble bee

@LittleBruin: Check out Patrick Chai (link posted above). He was born in Taiwan, if I remember correctly.

Post # 14
922 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I spent $4500 for both – well worth it!

Post # 15
1115 posts
Bumble bee

@LittleBruin: No problem. I can’t recommend him enough. He and the photographer he shoots with are both so talented, professional, and just NICE.

Also, they work quickly. We had our pictures back within two weeks.

Post # 16
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I wish I could help you out, but I live on the other side of the coast.

My budget for both was $2500 with both aspects given the same amount. I was lucky in that I came in 20% lower than my total budget, but that was strictly due to negotiating something lower.

The topic ‘How much are you willing to spend on wedding Photography & Videography?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors