Post # 1
Hi! I’m NYE but hopefully soon will be! Trying to think of budgets, etc, as early as possible. Did any of you use a wedding coordinator? If so, about how much did it cost? Did you use just a DOC or was he/she there the whole time? How did they determine cost?
Thanks ahead of time!
Post # 3
@yellowlinedpage: I’m still looking for one that is reasonably priced and I would like to have one for the entire process. I’m in Indiana but here’s an email I received from one vendor. I thought it was somewhat expensive & would hope to pay this much for a coordinator who’s around for the entire time. Hope this helps…
Additional services may be added or subtracted to accommodate your needs.
Current price includes the following services:
-Design and décor consultation
-Delivery & placement of gift packages for hotel guests
-Attend final vendor meetings to oversee final details
-Identify and coordinate out-of-town guest hotel room blocks and reservations
-Identify and coordinate transportation arrangements for out-of-town guests
-Return rental items – from tuxes to cake stand
-Wedding Weekend Management and Set-up/Clean-up
• Rehearsal coordination & management
• Wedding day coordination & management by April and at least one assistant (dependent on size of wedding)
• Create a customized schedule of events for the rehearsal & wedding day
• Perform all vendor confirmations the week of the wedding
• Act as point-of-contact for all wedding vendors the week of the wedding
and on the wedding day
• Assist in decorating the ceremony & reception sites
• Manage all event logistics from set up to tear-down (ceremony and reception)
• Pin on boutonnieres and distribute wedding party bouquets
• Oversee the distribution of final payments to vendors on the wedding day
• Coordinate with DJ or band on music selection and timing. Act as MC, if needed
• Use of our “wedding” toolbox & emergency kit for all last minute details
• Collection of your wedding gifts & arranging delivery in a vehicle approved by you
Post # 4
I am in Chicago and recently hired a DOC (they really help out the last two months of the wedding planning process). The quotes I received ranged from $1000-$2500 for DOC packages. For full service planning prices began at $8000.
Post # 5
We were required to use the DOC at our venue and it was added on as an extra fee. I think it was ~$300. Not sure if that was subsidized by the actual cost or the venue, or what. She was there all day from ~10 am until 10 pm… so we definitely got our moneys worth!
Post # 6
We used a wedding coordinator/planner. She requested 18% commission for all vendors she helped us find/contract. In addition to helping us find vendors, choose decorations and plan out or timeline, she served as our day-of coordinator.
I found her help to be worth far more than we we actually paid.
Post # 7
Thank God I’m going with the one from the venue. Shelling out an extra $1500 is not something I am looking forward to doing.
Post # 8
Thanks, Ladies! That helps a ton!
Post # 9
Mine also charged 18%. But honestly, I dont think its worth it…maybe if she was awesome but she hasnt showed me awesome yet. I wish I had just done a DOC now that I know what I got myself into. But if you get a really good wedding planner for 18% I think it would be well worth it.