(Closed) How much “getting ready” time after hair & make-up is complete?

posted 8 years ago in Beauty
  • poll: How much "getting ready" time for the bride after hair & make-up is complete?
  • Post # 3
    Hostess
    18646 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

Honestly, it took me like 2 minutes to get in my dress and then maybe 1 for the veil!

Post # 4
    10367 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

If your hair and makeup are done when the photographer arrives, they could get awesome pics of you putting on your dress! maybe you made the mistake on purpose without realizing 🙂

Post # 5
    1104 posts
    Bumble bee

Putting my dress on took FOREVER because it had a lace-up back, and my mum and sister had forgotten the lessons they had at the dressmakers. The good thing about it taking ages was we got some nice photos 🙂 I would say from hair and makeup being done I needed another half hour – for the dress, veil, jewellery, shoes to go on, and get some champagne into me! I would rather be sitting around drinking champagne for 15 minutes waiting for the photographer than feel super rushed.

Post # 6
    949 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2010

My dress was on in a matter of minutes after hair and makeup, we sat around forever waiting for the ceremony to start!  We started makeup and hair around 3pm, dress on at 3:30 when photographer arrived, then waited around until ceremony started (15 minutes late, but everyone figured it would be like that) at 4:15ish.

Post # 7
    1403 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I guess the million dollar question is whether your dress has a zipper or dozens of tiny holes to lace up.  You should factor in some extra time between appointments anyway, just in case the salon artist does your hair totally wrong and has to redo it or something.  If I were you, I’d stick a half hour layaway time before the photography sesion to be safe.

Post # 8
    94 posts
    Worker bee

I’m giving myself about 45 minutes. After hair and makeup, there’s only so much that needs to be done and it shouldn’t take long. But, I have a zip up, so it’s a little easier than trying to do a full corset lace up back.

The topic ‘How much “getting ready” time after hair & make-up is complete?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors