Post # 1
it is 8 months exactly to my wedding and I feel so friggin relaxed about it that I can’t help but wonder whether I am forgetting some things that I should be worrying about!
I still need to finalise my invitations, hire a videographer, finalse the church music, get my accessories (veil, shoes etc.) buy my wedding bands, organise a bus to bring guests from hotel to church and back…but I feel like all these things have plenty of time to be done!
Are you ladies feeling on top of your planning or have you got tons left to do?
Post # 3
I feel like I have most of the big things covered except for the caterer. I’ve been slowly but surely buying the little things like my assessories, favors, etc. I won’t be able to finalize things like appointments for spray tan/manicure/pedicure until much closer to the date, so for now I’m trying to relax. 🙂
Post # 4
I just need an officiant and a DJ..otherwise everything big is done 🙂
Post # 5
We have the save the dates, but need to mail them out. Hopefully they will go out in the next week. My sister was nice enough to address them for us!
On the to do list still are: photographer, DJ, honeymoon registry (which means we need to decide where to go!), website is up but needs more content, hotel block (might get done on Thurs), bus/shuttle reservation for hotel guests, BM/GM attire, grooms attire, invites, and then all the little details which can’t be done until closer to the day.
I have to say we are feeling pretty calm too. I would even better if we could book a photographer, DJ and decide on a honeymoon. Then I feel like the rest will just fall into place.
Post # 6
I feel like we’re doing oK. It’s Destination Wedding for all of our guests in Wyoming. Save-The-Date Cards are arriving on my doorstep today, wooot!
I need to:
pick a photographer (I have 3 top picks and I’m watching their work)
pick out some invitations (I have my eye on a few)
get an officiant (just emailed a judge yesterday)
figure out a ceremony location (we have a few spots at our venue to choose, kind of will depend on a head count)
get dress altered (it’s a JCrew dress but too long)
find an outfit for Fiance
make up a play list (going the iPod route)
Post # 7
My wedding will be on July 28th, and I have a good bit done already:
Bride and Groom Cake
Save the Dates!
Need to Finalize
Hair & Makeup
Mail Save-The-Date Cards (Jan)
Guestbook/Ring Bearer pillow, etc.
Post # 8
We still need to (in no particular order):
- Ask the officiant we have in mind
- Purchase the wedding stationery (I have the invitations and RSVP cards designed and ready to order on Vistaprint… just waiting to see if our minister is going to officiate the wedding or not so I can make the programs. I wanna order all at once to combine shipping.)
- Purchase wedding day attire accessories for myself (I have the dress, but nothing else), find Fiance a tux, pick Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and flower girl attire.
- Buy the silk flowers for my arrangements.
- Purchase an amp/speaker thing to hook up to my computer.
- Ask someone to control the music at the ceremony and act as DJ for the reception.
- Create a finalized playlist.
- Fiance has still not asked anyone to be his best man and doesn’t know who he wants.
- Also, I need to speak with my venue about hotel blocks and finalize our menu with the restuarant (I’ve already got it picked out, though).
Post # 9
Oh geez. I still need:
Invitations (hopefully picking those next week)
Florist (I have appointments on Monday)
Accessories (shoes, veil, undergarments)
Honeymoon (omg, I really need to do this one immediately–it’s the one I really feel the most time pressure on right now)
There’s also things that need to happen but I’m less worried about like the picking a hairstyle, cake/menu (need to decide on what we want, but the caterer is booked and suggested we wait til closer to the date to finalize) or can’t do yet (like seating charts).
Post # 10
We’re July 7, and I still need:
-Make my iPod DJ list
-finish pre-martial counselling
-buy his shirt
-he still needs to ask 2 groomsmen
– dress/suit fittings
– make programs
-Book plane ride for the honeymoon (but the hotel is booked)
And, actually, I think that’s my entire list. Yay!
Post # 11
Reading everyone’s comments is making me worried! We still need:
-attire for bridesmaids, groom, groomsmen, flower girl, ring bearer
-hair and makeup
-my accessories (shoes, veil)
-invitations and programs
-figure out who can be our MC
Post # 12
@mrsk2b: Yay date twins! I feel like we get the best of both worlds because it’s the Friday after 4th of July so people will probably have time off, plus you get a whole weekend after the wedding to relax/spend time with friends and family before they have to leave!
Anyway, here’s what I still need to do:
-STDs (waiting to get our engagement pics back so we can use them…hurry up photographer!)
-Invitations (have my eye on the ones I love, which I will probably order soon)
-Ipod playlist (no DJ)
-My shoes and jewelry
-Hair and makeup
-Figure out florist–we were going to order through a wholesaler and arrange them ourselves the day before/of, but might end up hiring a friend of a friend, we’ll see
-My dress alterations
I’m sure there’s tons more but those are the big ones!
Post # 13
Oooh! Everyone’s on top of things! We still need:
- Figure out our officiant; and ask them (between two people)
- Save-the-dates (I am currently addressing them)
- Start designing our invitations
- Find the Fiance an awesome suit!!!
- Decide between the three Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and on flower girl attire.
- Find a florist
- Purchase/Rent a speaker (we’re DIY our music) and create a sweet playlist
- Decide on the music for our ceremony
- Decide/meet with our caterer for our meals
- Several DIY stuff (including decorations for venue, favors, hair accessories)
- Send out the signed contract for our photographer (she’s awesome! Can’t wait!)
- My dress alterations
I’m positive I am forgetting things, but I feel like we’re doing well. All the big things are covererd (venue, caterer, photographer, and my dress!) and we also just bought our wedding rings!!!!
Wee! Hooray for July!
Post # 14
@ck_stella16: yay date twin! I am so happy with this date as the wedding is in Ireland but many guests will be coming from the States so they will have some time off around that date anyway!
Ooh, just booked my makeup person today – one more thing to check off the list!
Post # 15
Wow, I am definitely not on top of things. Then again major things are done- got the venue, dress & the groom, the rest I’m not stressing too much over.
Left to do:
- hotel room block (most hotels are blocked for my date from 2 years ago, so I feel way behind there!)
- actually hire the dj
- grooms & groomsmen outfits
- bridesmaids outfits
- flower girl/ ring bearer outfits
- ask our officiant (groom’s grandmother)
- my hair/makeup/accessories & possibly shoes
- decide on honeymoon
- wedding bands
- plan menu (we’ll meet w/ them 3 months out- they are at our venue so they tell us when we need to do things with them thankfully)
ehh I’m sure there is more but it will all get done… I hope 🙂
Post # 16
Omg are you guys kidding me right now? Haha wow, I am one big wedding slacker apparently.
This is what I have done:
- Picked and paid for a venue. Sort of. We picked the house where our family is going to stay and we won’t know if the venue we actually want (which is next door to this house) will be available for another couple months. Yeah. So we really don’t know where we’re having the wedding.
- Picked and paid deposit for a photographer
- Decided I’m having a custom dress made by my friend (who is a legit designer). But nothing has been done to start that process.
- Decided on our super cheap caterer, but haven’t made arrangements.
And that, is about, it.
We’re currently working on putting together Save-The-Date Cards, which involves getting ready to take some engagment pics in the next couple weeks and using one of those for a postcard.
I guess after that I need to focus on figuring out the honeymoon. And then of course, the 8,000 other things I have left to plan.