(Closed) How should I spend $1000 of “fun” money on our reception?

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

people love the photobooths!

Post # 4
2373 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

I second photobooths- I know you seem them all over online, but I saw my first one at a wedding Friday and it was a huge hit.

Post # 5
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I third the photobooth

Post # 6
432 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I forth photobooths 😛 I’ve always wanted to hire rides, Like a ghost train and a giant jumping castle 😀

Post # 8
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

PHOTOBOOTH!!

Post # 9
2116 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

If you want to be original, a photobooth is NOT that. At least here, everyone has them. That doesn’t mean it isn’t fun though! What do you mean by ice bar, exactly??  What is the theme or feel of your wedding?

Post # 10
1126 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Just remember that most of your guests aren’t obsessed with wedding blogs, so things that seem “overdone” to you probably haven’t even been conceived of by most of your attendees.  I would absolutely die for a mashed potato bar (and I’ve never heard of it in real life).  I also think photobooths are awesome, regardless of whether people have heard of them, and with that many sorority/frat people, it’s bound to get crazy.

Just wanted to chime in and say to think of something you want regardless of whether you’ve heard of it, instead of only focusing on things that are unique.

Post # 11
28 posts
Newbee

@MsPanda: OMG that is the coolest idea! I want this sooo bad for my reception, but I don’t think I can make room in my tiny budget. It’s killing me! What an awesome idea!

Post # 12
2742 posts
Sugar bee

I was all set for a photoboth but FI is trying to convince me that most folks will end up being there most of the time instead of being on the dance floor. Now I’m confused Undecided

Post # 13
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@MissMunchie: I dont think we can do it either but If i could  it would be MINE lol… But it is diffrent and not seen much and i think soo much cooler than a photobooth!

Post # 14
15 posts
Newbee

I always wanted to do face painting lol. You know, the full face kind that make you look like you are at a masked ball

Post # 16
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I agree with the photobooth, but we’re having a gelato bar and espresso bar too (through the same company, we got a discount). They also had a milkshake bar, snow cone bar, and chocolate fountain, but I hope ot depends on what kind of vendors you have nearby.

Also I’ve found the photobooth doesn’t keep people from the dance floor, is just gives them something else to do when they want to take a break.

The topic ‘How should I spend $1000 of “fun” money on our reception?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors