How to get Mississippi deacon OK'd in Louisiana?

posted 3 years ago in Catholic
Post # 2
45162 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999


Louisiana <br /> Ministers of the gospel or priests of any denomination in regular communion with any religious society may perform marriages. — Ministers must register with the clerk of the district court of the parish or with the health department if in New Orleans. — After performing a marriage, the minister must complete a marriage certificate and return it to the clerk of the district court. — For questions see the clerk of the district court.

Surely you can ask the priest at your church if your uncle would be allowed to officiate?

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors