Post # 1
We sort of liked the idea of getting a starting head count as early as possible since we are having a destination wedding. We thought it might be a good idea to include on our Save the Date cards the option to respond online if they choose to do so. How should I word this?
1. “For more information or to RSVP electronically, please visit http://www...”
2. “For more information or to RSVP online, please visit http://www...”
Post # 3
i would do #2 or just list the website by itself.
Post # 4
We put something very similar to option 2 on ours. The only difference, really, is that we’re only doing online RSVPs. So far, no problems! =o)
Post # 5
I would recommend NOT having an RSVP option on your STD (that is what invites are for!) In my experience, I had 3 categories of guests:
(1) folks whom I knew were going to come (to my DW) – because I chatted with them
(2) folks that I knew weren’t going to come – same reason
(3) folks that told me they were going to come (“Oh, we will totally be there – we won’t miss it”) but when the time came to “plunk down the credit card for the plane tickets”, then ended up RSVP-ing no.
So, I think if you try to get rsvps just from your STD, you will end up with a crazy inflate number anyways (based on my experience) and if you want a rough count, just talk with people!
Post # 6
@Rock Hugger: LOL I was afraid of option 3, so that’s why I thought doing RSVPs on STD would make it a more “official” commitment…but I never really thought of the fact that the online RSVP could be inflated as well! Thanks for bringing that to my attention!