Post # 1
I don’t have a regular hair salon I go to so I’m not really sure how to go about this. My MOH recommended a place but I’ve been there before (For a manicure) and I was really disappointed in quality of service. It was the worst manicure I’d ever gotten. I’m hesitant to go there for my hair.
Should I look online? Just drop in to places and inquire? What’s a good price?
Post # 3
@MissKit: Are you getting married locally? If so, start trying out salons. Most have websites with portfolios of their work. Go in for a basic cut, see if you develop a rapport and then go from there.
Pricing will depend on where you live and what you want done. Are you looking at a full updo? Airbrushed makeup and adding eyelashes will cost more than basic makeup.
Post # 4
What I did was get one of those books from a wedding show that has vendors of all sorts. I picked the category (Beauty for example) and went to the website. If I liked the site and their work there then I emailed with a list of basic questions to get a quote: And then I filtered from there, and got trials people I liked until I booked one I loved. I ended up paying 70 per girl for makeup, 90 for me + 15 for false eyelashes and my trial at her place was $40. Hair was 70 per girl as well and 100 for me. and my trial for hair included a cut and colour for $130
I have a few questions regarding your service. 🙂
- Are your products suitable for girls with sensitive skin?
- What are your rates for makeup for 5 girls total (inc. bride), for 6, for 7 and for those + a flower girl. (The price would be different for each option I’m sure) The 6/7 option is if the MoG and MoB want to join us.
- How much is it for hair for those breakdowns as well?
- How much is a trial for Makeup/Hair?
- Is there an additional cost for airbrushing?
The wedding is July 20, 2013 and the location we’d need is in [CITY]
Post # 5
I used WeddingWire as I’ve had great luck when going by reviews. I also booked some vendors by word of mouth here on the Bee!