- 4 years ago
- Wedding: May 2014
This is my first post. I am marrying a groomzilla and it’s stressing me out. We are getting married in 3 months and finally sent the Save-The-Date Cards after waiting for 2 months for my Future Mother-In-Law to send me addresses. Nonetheless, my Fiance wants to invite more people. throughout this process I have been the one gathering all of the information regarding the wedding, while he’s directing me on venues, decor, officiants and etc. To be honest if I didn’t speak up, we would be getting married at a community center, so that he can invite everyone he knows. Getting to the point, today ask tells me that wants to invite more ppl (although the Save-The-Date Cards have already gone out). SO, I asked are we allowing these ppl to +1 and he says yeah! Now we agreed to a guest list of 130 which fits our budget, agreed that we weren’t going to allow +1’s to guest who aren’t married or leaving together, I have already bought my linen to accommodate the total and now I’m trying to work on our formal invites. One of the ppl he’s inviting is a peer who throws him under the bus to the supervisor, I askEd why are you inviting him, he said because I sit beside him everyday. Let the record show we don’t have a lot of money and we’re 3 months out. We currently have 160 on our guest list where I only have 43 of that total. His parents are paying 20% of the wedding and we’re paying the remaining 80% where I agreed to pay half. He feels like if we went with a cheaper venue that was $500 and got his cousin to cater then he would be able to invite more ppl. But why should I compromise on being in a better venue and feel like a princess on my day. I’m stressed beyond belief and I personally don’t even want to show up, bcuz I hate doing things last minute. I haven’t even bought my dress yet, because I would like to pay my half of the wedding off by March which will give me 2 months to find something. How would you all handle a groomzilla?